Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Sad news GF gamers, the curse has struck again and so today we say goodbye to vice-admin DCoachM and welcome the new vice-admin Trilient! Welcome to the GF staff team Trilient and I hope you can do a great service for this forum by helping me out with it. :)

Hey everyone! I hope you all will welcome me into this position, I will do my best to keep things rolling!

If you'd like to know a little bit about me, feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer them as best I can.

First question. Who the heck is Trilient???

haha, welcome to the position.

I might as well be the first to ask, so how did you and DS go about meeting and what not?

Are you a plat collector?

Have you ever considered maybe the reason GF has this "curse" with staff is because you keep hiring people like Trilient from places like FP? This is going to keep happening for as long as you keep hiring people from outside gf that really have no interest in the forum. I said to you a while ago you would be better off having experienced members help out as staff and I stand by it.

Anyway. Welcome Trilient. Maybe you'll be different. 

hissae2 said:
Have you ever considered maybe the reason GF has this "curse" with staff is because you keep hiring people like Trilient from places like FP? This is going to keep happening for as long as you keep hiring people from outside gf that really have no interest in the forum. I said to you a while ago you would be better off having experienced members help out as staff and I stand by it.

It's going to keep happening because life just hates me, past staff have come from dedicated/experienced members. I've made a post seeking staff but no members have come forward and I won't force the position on anyone. I found coach on a forum other than FP but I can't help it if life takes away my staff. I also don't hire noobs and all staff are hired with few years of experience under their belt.

At most times a forum will balance itself pretty well. If there is a lot of activity within the forum and a slew of members then there are always many internal staff requests(if staff requests are available). If the forum does not obtain lots of activity from a bunch of people then there is no demand/need for staff and there is no requests going on.

Let's not forget it is summer as well. The internet should bash in a 80% increase in the winter. Summer kills forums.

I intend to be different than the previous Staff members you guys have had. I have an interest in these forums as I'm an avid gamer, and while I may not know any of you I intend to do so. Yes, He found me on FP, but that doesn't mean everyone on FP is going to be a horrible staff member. I've seen plenty of staff come and go on my own personal forums before from places like FP, however every now and then there is that one person you find who sticks around. In fact one of my best online friends I've met on FP. It can be done, and I intend to be that one person who's come around to be there on the forums. 

Of course I'm not without flaws either though, as I have a lot going on in my personal life that I really won't get into. I will try to be on as much as I can, but there might be a day or two that I'm not online. Usually I will know ahead of time when I'm not going to be around and DS will know about it. I'm here because I like to game, and I'd like to bring these forums to their full potential as they look like they've had a good run before. And believe it or not, I'm not here to promote my personal forum either. ;)

hissae2 said:

Well to be fair, this is not always the case.

I was found outside the forum and have been a part of it for over a year now.

So not everyone hired from a outside source end up leaving or losing interest.

I gained a interest in this place and see the potential in it to grow and become bigger and better, not to mention I have met some cool interesting members/fellow gamers and staff that I enjoy discussing things with.

ToCool74 said:
Well to be fair, this is not always the case.

I was found outside the forum and have been a part of it for over a year now.

So not everyone hired from a outside source end up leaving or losing interest.

I gained a interest in this place and see the potential in it to grow and become bigger and better, not to mention I have met some cool interesting members/fellow gamers and staff that I enjoy discussing things with.
There are exceptions. In general though, people hired from outside the forum are far more likely to disappear than someone who's been around for months/years as a member already. Also they will already know how the forum works, unlike a new member.

hissae2 said:
There are exceptions. In general though, people hired from outside the forum are far more likely to disappear than someone who's been around for months/years as a member already. Also they will already know how the forum works, unlike a new member.
Well as DS said, he tried to find some members on the site to promote to a staff position, even posted a topic for it but no one stepped up.

I agree that it would be great to promote 1 of the site regulars to a staff position, and there are a few here who I would love to see become part of the staff on this site.

But for some reason no one is stepping up.

Sorry for the very late reply here but congratulations Trilient on your new position i am sure you will do a great job and good luck

Back