What are some of the worst Windows Desktop problems which you experienced?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I once had the Windows 10 Login screen become blank where I can just restart and shutdown Windows 10. I had to boot into Safe mode to fix it by using msconfig, and turning off safe boot.

In the past, I had my startmenu, and windows broke where I had to clean install Windows 10 to fix it. I also experience not being able to login to the login screen.

Some kind of fake anti virus in Windows XP, on a computer of someone I visited.
I managed to kill it though.

In more recent days, delaying a reboot, going to brush my teeth, and then come back to find out that it's installing updates and rebooting any way.

I didn't use Windows enough to encounter more severe problems, lel.

Some kind of fake anti virus in Windows XP, on a computer of someone I visited.
I managed to kill it though.

In more recent days, delaying a reboot, going to brush my teeth, and then come back to find out that it's installing updates and rebooting any way.

I didn't use Windows enough to encounter more severe problems, lel.

Those fake anti-virus can be pretty difficult to remove, and some of them may also contain ransomware which encrypt your files, and you need to pay to unlock your files.

Failed Windows Updates can be pretty annoying where they keep on failing to install, and restarting a PC in an endless loop.

A black screen upon logging into my windows user, apparently it was a battery issue.

A black screen upon logging into my windows user, apparently it was a battery issue.

It is disapointing that PC makers dont make better batteries and laptops which can't cause black screen errors during login. One of the good things about older laptops and some newer laptops is that the battery is removable, so it is easy to replace, or use a laptop without a battery, and run the laptop with the wall charger.

It is disapointing that PC makers dont make better batteries and laptops which can't cause black screen errors during login. One of the good things about older laptops and some newer laptops is that the battery is removable, so it is easy to replace, or use a laptop without a battery, and run the laptop with the wall charger.

the removable battery seems to becoming a thing of the past sadly.

the removable battery seems to becoming a thing of the past sadly.

It is sad that removable batteries are brcoming uncommon.

I think more people will be okay with a non-removable battery if it was possible to replace the battery acid or lithium ion material in the battery by using a pump or hose to replace the battery acid or lithium ion when it can no longer hold enough power.

Back