What are the most difficult video games in your view?

Tiger21820

Master of Fire & Ice!
Staff member
Administrator
Manager
Lottery Manager
Awards
Credits
For me, I think that Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for Game Gear, and Yoshi's Island DS are the most difficult games.

What do you think?

Vampire's Rain on 360 by far for console games. I Want to Be That Guy is the record holder for difficult games on PC. Can't think of one game that I have played that was hard for me on a Nintendo console since GameCube's Resident Evil: Zero (because of the crappy A.I. that wasted all of my ammo and herbs).

Ever? This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BDdhFNnSkQ

In a non platformer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ

Hmmm I have always found Star Wars Rogue Squadron (2???? maybe 2) on the Gamecube difficult. You know, the one which starts with the death star mission. Took me ages(as in years) to beat that then got stuck on the next level. I could probably beat the game if I gave it more time but I haven't really put much into it at all,

For me, I think that Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels,?

At first I thought one of my friends was a wizard when he told me he beat this, but when I downloaded it on eShop and played through it myself, it really isn't that bad. It's still hard but it's a lot of fun whenever you advance to a new world and get better! Still haven't fully beaten it yet, you have to beat all 8 worlds eight times to unlock the secret worlds, I think I've only beaten the game 5 or 6 times. I have beaten the hidden world 9 though which requires you to beat the game with no warp zones and in World 9 you only have 1 life. If you haven't played Lost Levels much yet, I highly recommend playing it more!

hmmmm I forgot what the point of this paragraph was.... oh yeah if you've never played Lost Levels to the end and beaten World 8, I highly recommend giving it time because reaching this goal feels great.

The Addams Family for the NES. Porkman and myself just haven't had any luck though we do improve every time we play.

Honestly, Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I've never had to look up so much walkthroughs before and I still haven't finished it!

Honestly, Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I've never had to look up so much walkthroughs before and I still haven't finished it!

Hooray for bad game design!

Seriously though, Sticker Star's puzzles were just not thought out at all. Kind of like those ones from old point and click or text adventure games, where you've got to do some ridiculously odd action to beat an unrelated scenario.

The Addams Family for the NES. Porkman and myself just haven't had any luck though we do improve every time we play.

lol I've been trying to beat that damn game for years! Sadly I don't have the original game so I play a RoM version on my phone. :/
It really is a difficult game, I haven't played it in awhile.

A lot of older games aren't really 'hard' so to speak as much as unfairly punishing,

I agree but there are some that can be difficult but The Addams Family is just unforgiving.

Last edited by a moderator:

lol I've been trying to beat that damn game for years! Sadly I don't have the original game so I play a RoM version on my phone. :/

You apparently need to collect just about all of the cash in the game to even fight the final boss. I saw some reviews and the game doesn't seem worth it to beat...but It's been a game i've been hoping to finish one day.

Also while we're on topic these are some games I find difficult in no particular order, but they are all NES games.

-Milon's Secret Castle (NES)

-Super Mario Bros. 2 JP: The Lost Levels (Nes/Snes)

-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)

You apparently need to collect just about all of the cash in the game to even fight the final boss. I saw some reviews and the game doesn't seem worth it to beat...but It's been a game i've been hoping to finish one day.

Also while we're on topic these are some games I find difficult in no particular order, but they are all NES games.

-Milon's Secret Castle (NES)

-Super Mario Bros. 2 JP: The Lost Levels (Nes/Snes)

-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)

You guys should give up on Addams Family NES and get the Genesis version. AAA experience right there with quality platforming, hidden levels, plenty of bosses, and upgradeable health.

Friday the 13th for NES, I would say. I mean I finally beat that game after 19 years like last year or the year before. I made a topic, but I'm too lazy to look for it. Either way I couldn't do it without a walkthrough and even with the walkthrough, it was still insanely hard. However, after beating Jason was satisfying and it makes me want a new Friday the 13th. It would be the only horror game I ever play on my own accord because I want a rematch with Jason.

Back