What do you think of less popular Cheaper RAM brands like Hynix/Hyundai and Infineon?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Less popular RAM brands like Hynix and Infineon are okay for most basic computers used mainly for office work, watching video files, listening to music, and web browsing. Some less popular RAM brands may have a higher chance of failure than RAM made by a popular RAM brand like Crucial.

But, less popular RAM brands are sometimes not good for Gaming PCs and Workstation desktop PCs where more expensive RAM from more popular brands like Crucial, Corsair, and Kingston are more reliable and can be better at overclocking and running at higher speeds without crashing problems. Desktop Gaming RAM also has heatsinks on them to help better cool the RAM better than cheap RAM.

Can't say I've heard of them, not that I pay much attention to RAM brands mind you.

I also don't pay much attention to RAM brands. I just notice different RAM brands when I use programs like Memtest RAM tester when testing a computer's RAM reliability, and stability.

I think a lot of RAM maybe made by the same company, but gets sold to stores and other brands which is responsible for honoring the warranty of the RAM.

Back