What do you think of slim desktop tower PCs?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Slim/Skinny desktop tower PCs maybe a better choice for computer users with only $300 US Dollars to spend on a computer, and need a smaller computer which uses less table space. But, the user don't want to use a Google Chromebook, lowend Windows 10 laptop and mini-PC with 32-64GB flash memory SSD storage, and Andriod and Windows 10 tablets which cost less than $300 US Dollars. Some cheap computers like Google Chromebooks, Google Android tablets, Mini Windows PC and smartphones can be more restrictive than a slim Windows computers because the operating system like Chrome OS is missing some features like support to run Windows programs, or is missing some important features like DVD movie disc playback support, and VGA video port.

Many slim and skinny desktops have a DVD-Writer Disc drive, 1TB hard drive, six USB ports, upgrade-able RAM, a desktop CPU like Intel Pentium or Celeron, a PCI-Express video card slot, PCI expansion slot, VGA video port, HDMI video port, memory card reader, and fan air cooling with cooling vents on the case.

New Slim desktop computers maybe less worth it if you plan on spending more than $300 on a Windows computer because you can sometimes get a decent full size desktop computer for $350 and more on Black Friday, Boxing day, and Cyber Monday.

Last edited:
I don't really like them to be honest.

I prefer rugged design over the delicate ones...….So....

Nah I prefer full size desktop tower with great airflow inside to really cool your system down when running heavy games like combat flight sims and the like, and lots of slots for hard drives.

I don't really like them to be honest.

I prefer rugged design over the delicate ones...….So....

I also prefer very rugged looking computers which look like they can survive many years of use.

I wish I had a computer with a large cube shaped case with thick metal walls which will protect my computer from people, animals, and things hitting and shaking it. I also want a lot of cooling fans to keep my computer from overheating when playing computer games, and doing heavy tasks like saving large video files, and using big programs like Database software which can use a lot of CPU and RAM power if the database file is huge.

Nice for small spaces, but I have concerns about cooling.

I sometimes see slim desktops being used at schools, libraries, and workplaces like as a computer for a cash register machine for many hours per day, and slim desktops don't seem to overheat a lot when I see them being used by students, workers, and customers.

But, the cooling fans sometimes spin a lot faster than fans on a regular size tower PC to properly cool the computer. Those faster spinning more powerful cooling fans can get loud when you are doing more CPU and RAM intensive tasks like video and photo editing.

Last edited:
I think slim desktops can look more professional to customers than a gaming pc and some tower pc with a lot of cooling vents, fans, front buttons and knobs, and indicator lights. Slim desktops appearance can make them better for using as cash register computers, and other workplace computer which a secretary and accountant uses.

Slim desktops having a basic appearance may also prevent workers and customers from using the PC for playing Facebook and PC games on them.

Some slim desktop are easy to clean of dust because they just have one door, and don't weigh a lot, so workers can carry two or more slim desktops with both of their arms, or a cart with wheels to cart them outside to blow out dust.

Slim desktops having a basic appearance may also prevent workers and customers from using the PC for playing Facebook and PC games on them.

I don't see how the appearance of a computer is going to deter someone from those tasks. If you want to stop people from getting on Facebook or play games, you can just block social media websites, and restrict user permissions from installing unauthorized software.

I don't see how the appearance of a computer is going to deter someone from those tasks. If you want to stop people from getting on Facebook or play games, you can just block social media websites, and restrict user permissions from installing unauthorized software.

Smaller slim desktop having a small basic looking PC case may make the computer look less attractive for gaming than a large desktop tower PC with many cooling vents on the case, glass window door, and more features,

I agree setting up website blocking, and restrict software install will stop most people from doing non-work related tasks on a PC.

Smaller slim desktop having a small basic looking PC case may make the computer look less attractive for gaming than a large desktop tower PC with many cooling vents on the case, glass window door, and more features,

I agree setting up website blocking, and restrict software install will stop most people from doing non-work related tasks on a PC.
I can see that for at home purposes, but when it comes to a work environment, it’s be better to give people least privileges on work computers.

Back