What do you think of sticking stickers on a car or bike?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think sticking a sticker on a car or bike can be a cheap way to make it look nicer especially if the paint on a car or bike is faded, scratched up, rusted and damage.

There are large vinyl stickers with cool designs like racing stripes and flames for car or bike. Car and bike stickers are a more affordable way to add custom graphics to a car or bike compared to hiring a professional painter to paint custom graphics on a car or bike.

Plus, the stickers are not permanent, so you can remove them if you don't like them, or decide to sell the car to an owner who don't want the stickers.

Back when I had a big wheeler I put stickers all over it, since my teachers always gave out stickers and such. I wouldn't dream of doing it now on my really nice car.

Back when I had a big wheeler I put stickers all over it, since my teachers always gave out stickers and such. I wouldn't dream of doing it now on my really nice car.

I used to stick stickers on my stuff as well.

There are vinyl car wraps which is a big sticker with custom graphics and colors which protect the whole car's paint. The vinyl wrap can prevent the paint from getting scratches, and rusting from road salt.

I think vinyl car wraps can be good for protecting the paint of nicer and more expensive luxury cars, or a car which you plan to own for as long as possible until the car becomes too hard and expensive to fix because the replacement parts cost a lot of money to buy, and very old antique/classic car parts c an be hard to find at most auto parts stores.

But, a vinyl car wrap can cost many thousands of dollars, so it is not as worth it for cheap cars which you plan on selling in a few years on the used car market or to a used car dealer.

I really like the idea of putting stickers on vehicles or bicycles only if they have themes. I don't really like random stickers. I am a fan of itasha 痛車, literally "painful car". It's a japanese term for fashion decorating their vehicles. Other term if for bicycle and motorcycle is itansha (痛単車) and itachari (痛チャリ).

I am a fan of itasha 痛車, literally "painful car". It's a japanese term for fashion decorating their vehicles.
Want to know why 痛車 (itasha)?
Basically it's because many people find it painful to look at such decoration.
A humourous version is オタ車 (otasha), because 痛車 almost always involves anime characters.

Honestly....I don't like them...

I don't want to put anything extra on a vehicle to make it look cool to be honest.

I really don't get others who like it...but yeah it's their own preferences I suppose.

I really like the idea of putting stickers on vehicles or bicycles only if they have themes. I don't really like random stickers. I am a fan of itasha 痛車, literally "painful car". It's a japanese term for fashion decorating their vehicles. Other term if for bicycle and motorcycle is itansha (痛単車) and itachari (痛チャリ).

I also like car and bike stickers with a theme like anime, video game, toy, sports team and movie themes. I occasionally see people put a logo sticker from the transformers cartoon and movie series stickers on their car, and it made their cheaper car look more unique and interesting.

I saw someone put car racing flames stickers on a slower car, and it is entertaining to see because the car is not designed to be a race car. Some sports fans also put large stickers of their favorite sports team on a car or bike to show their support for their favorite team.

I have a Betty Boop sticker on the back of my car and another one which covers a dent over the passenger back wheel Someone said that just draws attention to it though. I generally think they look good as long as they suit the design of the car.

I agree stickers can look good if they suit the design of the cars. Depending on the sticker like a sticker of a map, sticking a sticker over a small dent may give the sticker and dent a 3D effect which may make the sticker look cooler.

Back