What do you think of Windows 10 needing more storage space after May Windows update?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I read on Systems with small disks won’t be able to install Windows 10 May 2019 update that Windows 10 will need a computer with 32GB of storage space after the May 2019 update. Before the May 2019 update, Windows 10 32bit only needed a drive which is 16GB in size, and the 64bit version of Windows 10 only needed 20GB.

I feel people who bought more affordable Windows 10 tablets and some laptops with a 16GB drive will be disappointed that Windows 10 can't update to the latest version because their computer does not have enough space.

Uninstalling programs and moving files to another drive to install a Windows update can be annoying for users with not enough free space on their computer with a 32GB drive.

Last edited:
Is there really any PCs with that small storage space? I thought the smallest was 128?

Is there really any PCs with that small storage space? I thought the smallest was 128?

There are a few cheaper Windows 8/8.1 tablets which come with 16GB of space. But, most of these tablets were made by less popular companies like Nextbook. These tablets would most likely be upgraded to Windows 10 because 10 was a free update for Windows 8.1 users.

The RCA Cambio Windows 10 tablet and some cheaper $100 and 200 Windows laptops now mostly come with 32GB of internal Flash memory storage.

People who bought the windows tablets with less storage space, are going to regret decision quite a bit.

I am not so sure what to say here but.....I just hope we could have a decent update which occupies decent storage space.

Hopefully, Microsoft will release a more lightweight version of the May 2019 Windows Update with a smaller file size, so users with computers with less than 32GB of space would be able to get some of the more useful updates like Security updates, and stability fixes for Windows 10.

Back