What do you think the best game of 2017 will be?

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
What do you think the best game of 2017 will be? Make your predictions in this thread.

Hard to guess. There are a few contenders. Things like Uncharted The Lost Legacy will probably do well. Mass Effect Andromeda will probably be up there, as will Red Dead Redemption 2. Take your pick from them probably.

I really don't know whats coming out this year besides KH 2.8. I'm guessing it will either go to CoD or BF.

then again, I think yooka laylee is due out this year and if so I do believe that will steal many people's hearts.

2017 is going to be such an amazing year. I think all of the following games have a shot:

Horizon Zero Dawn
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mass Effect Andromeda
Red Dead Redemption 2
Super Mario Odyssey

There are a ton of other great games coming out, but I think those 5 stand the best chance and I hope I get to play them all. I don't see anything else putting up a fight. I will say that Mass Effect is probably the weakest link. ME3 left a bad taste in everyone's mout, so it has the toughest uphill battle.

2017 is going to be such an amazing year. I think all of the following games have a shot:

Horizon Zero Dawn
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mass Effect Andromeda
Red Dead Redemption 2
Super Mario Odyssey

There are a ton of other great games coming out, but I think those 5 stand the best chance and I hope I get to play them all. I don't see anything else putting up a fight. I will say that Mass Effect is probably the weakest link. ME3 left a bad taste in everyone's mout, so it has the toughest uphill battle.

The lack of love for Persona 5 is disturbing.

The lack of love for Persona 5 is disturbing.
Oh it's gonna be good, but I don't think it will be mainstream enough to enter Game of the Year discussions. Probably top 10 and maybe top 5, but I don't see very many outlets giving it the top prize.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is one of those games i am looking forward in 2017 and so is Super Mario Odyssey, hard to say, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe looks pretty cool, it has battle tracks in it, well that is about it.

I don't know which game will win the award, but my personal GoTY might just be NieR: Automata. There might be a few other games in the discussion at the end of the year, but it's going to be hard for Automata to be beat.

I was going to say Breath of the Wild when I first saw this topic, but it wasn't out yet. Now it's been over a month, it's going to be BotW.

Back