What does everyone think of SwapNote/Nintendo Letter Box?

Awards
Credits
I got that picture of the boat, Yoshian
smile.gif

The whole "15 coins to send a recording" is a little disappointing. And the fact you have to unlock things. Are Nintendo obssessed with "unlocking"?
You have to unlock the ability to send photos?
"You can now send photos?"

I bet the Wii U is like "Congratulations, you have now gained the ability to eject the disc".

But apart from that, it's pretty good. I haven't unlocked the ability to send future messages. I've received one, which says it'll only open at a certain time. I'm assuming it's going to open on December 25th XD

I got that picture of the boat, Yoshian
smile.gif

The whole "15 coins to send a recording" is a little disappointing. And the fact you have to unlock things. Are Nintendo obssessed with "unlocking"?
You have to unlock the ability to send photos?
"You can now send photos?"

I bet the Wii U is like "Congratulations, you have now gained the ability to eject the disc".

But apart from that, it's pretty good. I haven't unlocked the ability to send future messages. I've received one, which says it'll only open at a certain time. I'm assuming it's going to open on December 25th XD

haha that made me giggle like a school girl....anywho I like it for the most part ...I dont like how you have to unlock things ...also how it is hard to reply to a reply and it takes forever to receive

It reminds me of drawing on SM64DS's title screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it! Thats not fair! I hate having to unlock things like that and pay coins! I thought it would be better!

Correction: You need 15 coins to UNLOCK the ability to record, but then you can do it whenever.

Also, has anyone unlocked anything past "You can now change the date of you letter." yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna repost this, because it's relevant.

Complaints:
1. Can't send/ receive notes unless you're using Wi-Fi. So, forget sending notes in the car or sitting outside with friends. HAVE to have Wi-Fi.
2. It certainly does like to save A LOT doesn't it? Can't do anything without saving first. (tl;dr: it's slow)
3. They don't notify you when you have a notification. You have to manually check. Is it wrong to complain about something so easy to do? No, I don't think it is. We're notified for everything nowadays, hell they notify us when we StreetPass with someone, a simple blue flash of light to show we have mail would be nice. But, I guess that's too hard to do.

Yea, I mad. I'm living in the outskirts of town without Wi-Fi, I got SwapNote at my cousin's earlier today. I was excited to "swap notes" with my bro. Then problem number 1 happened. And now I'm unleashing all of my complaints for it.

Also, I agree with TUK. Are they obsessed with unlocking??

I sort of like the idea of unlocking new items.. It seems like I never have a chance to use my coins besides in Find Mii or Puzzle swap! I don't know of any other games that really use the coins, so its not so much of a problem for me.
SwapNote is really awesome, but the one negative I am seeing so far is the replying process!! You can only reply once and you can't include pictures, stationary, or sound. Its sort of inconvinient when someone sends a picture and you want to reply with one back.. It makes everything unorganized and messy.. Other than that, its really great!

a simple blue flash of light to show we have mail would be nice. But, I guess that's too hard to do.

*gets a blue flash of light*
OMG SpotPass notification
*checks Notifications, and reads unread notification*
"You have a new Letter!"

So, .... you were saying?

The only problem I have with swapenote is that it could be a little bit more organized. I have a little over a hundred messages already and it's making my main menu giant. I wish maybe there could be different folders for messages to different friends, or something.

I think it's pretty good, but could be a bit more organized. Like telling who the letter is from before reading it.

Firstly, to whoever asked Nintendo Letter Box is the European name, SwapNote is the US name.

Secondly, I thought you already made some Play Coin generator thing. I watched the YT video of it.

Oh and... TNP = the next poster.....

It's a neat idea, but personally I'd rather spend my coins on other things like puzzle pieces, etc. I can see younger people without cellphones using this a lot, but for me, I'll just text my friends.

"Sorry, but you need 80 play coins to create a note. Please try again later."

*start shaking your 3DS*

I kinda think its ok... they need,in a future update, to put a keyborard in it... like pictochat and really? nintendo wats us to get in shape just to send images or recordings and unlock stationaries

Correction: You need 15 coins to UNLOCK the ability to record, but then you can do it whenever.

Also, has anyone unlocked anything past "You can now change the date of you letter." yet.
Yes.. you must send so many notes or something

Back