What food helps you to sleep well?

Henrywrites

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Is there a particular food that you can take in order to have a sound sleep? I have seen people talk about pap making them have a good sleep. Is there one that you eat when you want to have a good sleep?

I doubt it's the food making me tired but I would say most bread products.

I saw a news story which say Turkey makes people sleep more easily.

I feel bread and non-sweetened crackers makes me sleep more easily because it does not contain as much sugar which can make me feel more awake.

Is there a particular food that you can take in order to have a sound sleep? I have seen people talk about pap making them have a good sleep. Is there one that you eat when you want to have a good sleep?
Taking pap at night helps me sleep very well.

I feel bread and non-sweetened crackers makes me sleep more easily because it does not contain as much sugar which can make me feel more awake.
On that note, cherries and cherry pie have melatonin that can help you sleep.

As long as the food is cooked well, I will sleep well after having a good meal with a glass of juice afterwards.

Tryptophan and Melatonin from things like cherry pie do naturally make you more sleepy.

Tryptophan and Melatonin from things like cherry pie do naturally make you more sleepy.
People can take supplements as well.

Food doesn't really help me sleep but rather have the opposite effect. I don't like eating a good 3 hours before bedtime. Otherwise I tend to sleep more fitfully & my dreams are way more vivid!

People can take supplements as well.

Food doesn't really help me sleep but rather have the opposite effect. I don't like eating a good 3 hours before bedtime. Otherwise I tend to sleep more fitfully & my dreams are way more vivid!
It's over feeding that deals with me this way. Last year's Christmas I was with my grandma, she knows how to over feed me. I couldn't sleep all through the night.

It's over feeding that deals with me this way. Last year's Christmas I was with my grandma, she knows how to over feed me. I couldn't sleep all through the night.
How are you going to handle this Christmas? :)
Have you tried not eating a few hours before bed? It also depends on the meal. Meats tend to digest slower.

How are you going to handle this Christmas? :)
Have you tried not eating a few hours before bed? It also depends on the meal. Meats tend to digest slower.
Most proteins tend to digest slower. I know not to eat them when I plan on going to bed sooner after eating. I'll do my best to eat more healthy this year's Christmas :grin:

Back