What Game Would You Play?

Rachaelnp

Credits
Hey everyone, I was getting pretty curious and I wondered what would everyone play if they could only play one game for the rest of their life. I always knew I would play Tetris.

I would really love to hear what everyone else would play.

I like more complicated stuff, so I think I would stick with Heroes of Might and Magic III - not surprising if you check my avatar ;) Its; an old game but I keep returning to it every year, so I guess it's the one I would be least bored with even after next ten years. Also, it still has huge following, so multiplayer would be a thing for me, and as logn as there good players to compete with, you cannot get too much of MP.

I like more complicated stuff, so I think I would stick with Heroes of Might and Magic III - not surprising if you check my avatar ;) Its; an old game but I keep returning to it every year, so I guess it's the one I would be least bored with even after next ten years. Also, it still has huge following, so multiplayer would be a thing for me, and as logn as there good players to compete with, you cannot get too much of MP.

Haha more complicated stuff, eh? Yeah, Tetris seems boring and simple but people who play if often know its definitely not simple and very competitive. A medium size following I would say for multiplayer Tetris.

I will have to search up that game you said sometime also. Must be good if you pick to only play that one. :)

Rachaelnp Rachaelnp Don't get me wrong, Tetris is wonderful game, but what I mean it has far less complex rules, graphics etc. than a game like HoMM.

Cool to meet someone who haven't heard of Heroes yet, it's a still popular game actually. You can start with sequels if you're used to modern graphics, but the third game is widely considered the pinnacle of the series. I haven't met anyone who have played Heroes 3 and didn't like it yet, even among the people who don't play much turn-based strategy games, so I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Rachaelnp Rachaelnp Don't get me wrong, Tetris is wonderful game, but what I mean it has far less complex rules, graphics etc. than a game like HoMM.

Cool to meet someone who haven't heard of Heroes yet, it's a still popular game actually. You can start with sequels if you're used to modern graphics, but the third game is widely considered the pinnacle of the series. I haven't met anyone who have played Heroes 3 and didn't like it yet, even among the people who don't play much turn-based strategy games, so I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Well it sounds like I need to try the game, because I love turn based strategy. I have to definitely look it up now.

And about Tetris, it can be fun, but I suppose it may get boring to some people due to the pure simplicity of it. You should try playing some modern Tetris if you haven't before.

Hmm, I'd probably go with some type of open-world creative game where I could spend a lot of time where wouldn't get too boring.

Not much of a fan, but Minecraft seems to be a good choice. Could spend a lot of time building massive maps, and have more to do then most other games.

Hey everyone, I was getting pretty curious and I wondered what would everyone play if they could only play one game for the rest of their life. I always knew I would play Tetris.

I would really love to hear what everyone else would play.

Man, Tetris? I'd go insane haha.

I think since I'm a huge fan of soccer and Football Manager, I could play that game for the rest of my life. I love the game, both FM and soccer and the complexity of the game as well as time to needed to accomplish something would make it very rewarding to spend large amounts of time playing.

Josh Josh Not sure I could ever play minecraft that much. I am a fan, but to me there is not enough objective in the game to only play forever, but it would be pretty fun at first. :)

ThreeSixArya ThreeSixArya Haha Tetris is not that bad. You have to give it a try is all ;). I must admit, when I first played it a few years back I was like, "this game is not fun enough." Even due to that, I continued and it is more fun to play once you can play faster since less brain power is used :p.
I am a soccer fan too, but those games always were not that fun for me. I think that is a good type of game for you to pick though.

Well it sounds like I need to try the game, because I love turn based strategy. I have to definitely look it up now.

And about Tetris, it can be fun, but I suppose it may get boring to some people due to the pure simplicity of it. You should try playing some modern Tetris if you haven't before.

I think I've played only the classical so far, since I'm not even aware there was soemthing like 'modern' Tetris. What's the difference?

Not much of a fan, but Minecraft seems to be a good choice. Could spend a lot of time building massive maps, and have more to do then most other games.

I don't play Minecraft myself, but I guess it would a great choice for many people, due to basically unlimited replayability it has.

Wooooord! Heroes III for me as well. I play it almost every year for some time until a cool, new game comes out andp piques my interest. It has enough variation and random maps to entertain someone for a long time. If not Heroes III, then Galactic Civilizations II - another game with awesome random map making and a huge variety of ship building options.

Wooooord! Heroes III for me as well. I play it almost every year for some time until a cool, new game comes out andp piques my interest. It has enough variation and random maps to entertain someone for a long time. If not Heroes III, then Galactic Civilizations II - another game with awesome random map making and a huge variety of ship building options.

Heroes have very good map generator, but don't forget there's also a lot of maps made by fans, available on various sites on the web. Or the unofficial expansion, The Wake of Gods - I still haven't fully explored this one though, I'm quite satisfied with the official content so far., but the fact it even exists in the first place proves the dedication of the Heroes fandom.

I haven't played Galactic Civilizations yet, should I look this up? Is it similar to Master of Orion series?

Dragon Fly Dragon Fly Well modern Tetris has more features such as holding pieces, tuning (so you can adjust speed of the pieces both left, right, and down), and different spin opportunities. If you are interested look up Tetrisfriends.com or download a game called Nullpomino. Tetrisfriends can be laggy with multiplayer but that's only for some. Nullpo is very popular in the tetris world.

I think the most popular modes are sprint: clear 40 lines fast as possible and multiplayer: play different people to send lines and make them top out. Hope I explained the difference well!

When I first read the thread title I didn't expect this question, what a difficult one! :eek:
Buuut, I think that I would probably pick Mario Kart, I have so many childhood memories with that one and sometimes I still play it and I never get bored of it, I guess that some things never change, it's still my favorite video game! :)

A big game that is constantly having new content released like World of Warcraft would be perfect, but I'm not a much of a fan of MMOs. Battlefront 2 has a ton of maps and content, that would be great if people still played online. And an HD collection seems like cheating, CSGO maybe? If only for the reason the community will still be around and supporting it if all else fails.

Just because I have faith in Bungie I think I'd pick Destiny 2 whenever it's released, the first game was fun but just like Halo 2 I hope their second outings multiplayer turns out to be a breakthrough.

When I first read the thread title I didn't expect this question, what a difficult one! :eek:
Buuut, I think that I would probably pick Mario Kart, I have so many childhood memories with that one and sometimes I still play it and I never get bored of it, I guess that some things never change, it's still my favorite video game! :)
Mario Kart is amazing! I totally forgot about that game. Since it can be multiplayer or single player it really never gets old, except for the fact of limited tracks. I enjoy playing on my 3DS with my friends and getting competitive. Good choice!

I haven't played Galactic Civilizations yet, should I look this up? Is it similar to Master of Orion series?

I've never played Master of Orion, so I can't really say anything there. It's a turn based grand strategy where you build colonies on planets, instead of cities on a map (like Civilizations). Likewise, it has one of the more sophisticated tech trees I've seen in sci-fi games - that leads to various potential game styles as the game progresses. Check out some Youtube vids if you want to see how it looks, though it's a lot more fun when you explore the game mechanisms on your own.

I'd play League of Legends. I've been playing long enough that I'm pretty confident I'd be playing it until the player base pretty much dies out if it were the only game I could play. The only problem is that eventually the player base will die out and then I'd be stuck with nothing. Until then the game is certainly one I could play for a long time.

However I would consider Civ V, solely because it could continue to be played without multiplayer. Plus then maybe I'd finish more of the games I start.

I'd play League of Legends. I've been playing long enough that I'm pretty confident I'd be playing it until the player base pretty much dies out if it were the only game I could play. The only problem is that eventually the player base will die out and then I'd be stuck with nothing. Until then the game is certainly one I could play for a long time.

However I would consider Civ V, solely because it could continue to be played without multiplayer. Plus then maybe I'd finish more of the games I start.
Ahh yeah that sounds like a good one. I know League of Legends' player base is larger than Tetris and now I may need to rethink my answer Haha. Maybe I should pick an only single player game. Well it definitely is hard trying to only pick one game. :)

Back