What genre of song do you listen to when playing?

Monika

Full GL Member
Credits
I could say that music is my life so what I do every day will have to have music. I have playlists of what music I should use when playing :grin:

Whenever I'm playing multiplayer games like L4D, Dota 2, or Overwatch, I would listen to hype encouraging music because I need to have that fighting spirit like what players competing in WCG felt like. Like this for example:

Whenever I'm playing solo games like Hitman, Sekiro, Uncharted, Assasins Creed, and Persona franchise, I would listen to their own soundtrack because the music was so good like this for example:

Whenever I'm playing normal games on my phone like Clash Royale, Hearthstone, and Vainglory, I would listen to chill like this for example:

Then, we have horror games... I listen to what they have or else I won't have the same results of getting scared. :grin:

We have our own different tastes, so what about your own playlists or choice of songs?
Do you agree to some or not?

I'll listen to what I think I need for the mood that I'm in. If I'm agitated, I'll tend to listen to something relaxing, like a form of jazz or something vaguely piano-y. If I'm in a more competitive or tryhard mood, I'll tend to listen to more aggressive music, such as I Prevail or Beartooth. Music sets the tone for how I look at and approach things in games, so I tend to not listen to most game's OSTs while I'm playing it. Some games are an exception like P5 or KH3.

I mostly listen to pop and rock songs while playing GTA games that makes me feeling like better GTA gaming XD.

I don't listen to other music while playing other than the one in game because I want to hear all the fighting and alerts that trouble is ahead.

Lol, I've been following WCG and somehow WCGs' opening beat got me LSS! Anyways, I don't usually play music while playing Dota but when I do. I usually play either mellow or hard rock music haha!! No in-between lol

I've been listening to POP music when I'm playing. I like most songs with a happy beat like the OST of The Greatest Showman and "Beyond the Game" of Steve Aoki. I heard Beyond the Game in WCG opening. I'd like it and it sounds cool when you're playing games :grin:

I've been listening to POP music when I'm playing. I like most songs with a happy beat like the OST of The Greatest Showman and "Beyond the Game" of Steve Aoki. I heard Beyond the Game in WCG opening. I'd like it and it sounds cool when you're playing games :grin:

Same same, the old version of beyond the game sounds like an OP from Pokemon but the new remix gets me hype up.
I don't listen to other music while playing other than the one in game because I want to hear all the fighting and alerts that trouble is ahead.

that is true hahaha

I only listen to the in-game music which is usually classical, rock, and pop in most of my games.

I like in-game music. That way I can hear what I'm doing as well from in-game sound effects which works especially well in Smash and when I hear Seven Rings in Hand I utterly OBLITERATE them. But if it's a casual game of Mario Kart where I memorized every turn I like pop or rock if not the ost. In Pokémon I prefer slow calming music (Example Distortion World remix by GlitchxCity)so I can think about what would work best.

I only listen to the in-game music which is usually classical, rock, and pop in most of my games.

oohh~ what games do you play?

I like in-game music. That way I can hear what I'm doing as well from in-game sound effects which works especially well in Smash and when I hear Seven Rings in Hand I utterly OBLITERATE them. But if it's a casual game of Mario Kart where I memorized every turn I like pop or rock if not the ost. In Pokémon I prefer slow calming music (Example Distortion World remix by GlitchxCity)so I can think about what would work best.

Ah yes. Mario Kart's music is so hype and the sound effects are classic.

oohh~ what games do you play?

I played RPG games like Final Fantasy 1,2, 8, and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. I also play shooters like Metal Gear solid, Quake 2. and racing games like Forza, Gran Tourismo, Burnout.

I usually don't listen to music whilst playing games but The Crew 2 is the exception. I only really play that game to drive around the massive map so its always nice to listen to music. I usually listen to rap/grime.

Back