What has been your experience in a guild or clan?

richc3

Full GL Member
Credits
Had a bit of nostalgia hitting me the other day from when I read a guild in World of Warcraft and Warhammer online. Naturally, the former had the better memories just based on the longevity of the game, but it was still quite the experience for me. I met numerous people, many in real life, had people get married within the game, job offers, and so fourth.

How about you though, whether you took a leadership role or not what do you remember fondly or less so?

My clan were my group of friends. I really feel MMO gaming has had a fairly strong impact on my social life. During High School, I didn't have a driver's license until my Senior year, so playing MMO's after school with my friends was a way to hang out without going over to their houses. It added the benefit of making me not feel horribly awkward like I used to in face to face situations. It really did help to put me at ease around new people. But still my clan were my closest group o friends. 

Usually in guilds of any game I have the leadership role usually as I am not afraid to say what is on my mind or stop someone from misbehaving, but it really depends on the guild. Some guilds I have liked that some of the people found me offensive, and I do agree to this sort of action as most of the time I was drunk when saying those mean things. In general though, I love being in friendly guilds no matter what game it is because I know it may sound lame, but I have met a lot of cool people online that I consider my close friends.

Back