What is the oldest game you still play & install today?

Tomsm

Credits
Personally, it is the original Operation Flashpoint (2001). Whereas the series continues to evolve into the Arma. I love Arma 2 but struggle with Arma 3 - Whilst 3 is excellent, the future scenario (when compared to 2) just leaves me somewhat cold.
Best ringtone

Anyway back to the point of this thread.

I remember PC Zone magazine raving about the Mission Editor (back in the day) as the game editor was supplied with Op Flash. I simply overlooked the editor at the time as it looked too complicated. The trouble was; in my view, when multi player games really started to take off (Quake, Team Fortress, DOD and Counter Strike) faffing about with an editor was not really appealing.

Anyway. What a mistake, years later, by trial and error, I gave it a go. Talk about a sand box!
DOWNLOAD RINGTONES FOR FREE ON MOBILE
When you consider the scope of what the developers were achieving and that you can make your own missions is incredible. Flashpoint never ceases to amaze me and still brings out those "what the..." unscripted and comical moments - For me a must have.

Last edited:
StarCraft II isn't that old, but the StarCraft franchise itself is. There is also Warcraft III, which is an old game that is still pretty much alive because of its supportive fanbase and also since the World Cyber Games is currently conducting Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne tournaments around the world.

An old game I played recently was Quake 3 on the Raspberry Pi 2 mini computer.

Nice! Tetris is a great classic game.

Back