What is the perfect score for average anime?

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
I believe a 6 or a 7 would be perfect for an average anime.
What do you guys think? Do you feel the same?

between 6-8 range would be good for me.

Isn't 8 a very good score?
I don't think it's easy to get a score above 7 in MAL, without any good story and animation
Tbh MAL’s community ratings can be really untrustworthy a lot of the time. They love brigading and downvoting a lot of popular stuff just because. It’s pretty suspicious within minutes of the first episode airing, people are already giving out 1’s. So I really don’t find MAL scores very trustworthy. I just go off of whether it seems interesting to me, or I get recs from people I trust.

I see that a lot on other big websites that heavily rely on community scores. Sputnik Music is kind of a trash music review site. It’s next to impossible to find anything above an 8, and 8’s are kind of rare. Anything mainstream almost automatically gets a 5 at best. Also can’t trust a website that lets you give scores to albums that haven’t been released yet.

Tbh MAL’s community ratings can be really untrustworthy a lot of the time. They love brigading and downvoting a lot of popular stuff just because. It’s pretty suspicious within minutes of the first episode airing, people are already giving out 1’s. So I really don’t find MAL scores very trustworthy. I just go off of whether it seems interesting to me, or I get recs from people I trust.

I see that a lot on other big websites that heavily rely on community scores. Sputnik Music is kind of a trash music review site. It’s next to impossible to find anything above an 8, and 8’s are kind of rare. Anything mainstream almost automatically gets a 5 at best. Also can’t trust a website that lets you give scores to albums that haven’t been released yet.
I see.
Usually I always try to pick a series based on MAL scores. My favorite series like Seirei no moribito and Kyou kara ore wa got accurate ratings....so....Hmm...thank you for the info :)

I see.
Usually I always try to pick a series based on MAL scores. My favorite series like Seirei no moribito and Kyou kara ore wa got accurate ratings....so....Hmm...thank you for the info :)
You can find gems that way but you’ll eventually run into a situation where you find out about some popular series, looks really interesting, and pull up the MAL page, and it has a community rating of 6/10. Then you’ll see some of the hilariously written user reviews and find out most of the low scores whine about something that barely has to do with the anime, so 1/10, do not watch.

You can find gems that way but you’ll eventually run into a situation where you find out about some popular series, looks really interesting, and pull up the MAL page, and it has a community rating of 6/10. Then you’ll see some of the hilariously written user reviews and find out most of the low scores whine about something that barely has to do with the anime, so 1/10, do not watch.
I see
I haven't encountered such a situation yet but thank you for the heads-up :)
I will keep this in mind

7 would be the perfectly average score for me. Anything between 6 and 7 should be decent (as long as it meets my favored genres), although there are exceptions that can be outstanding and imo deserve a higher score. 90% of the time (and I'm being generous), anything that was rated below 6 is a waste of time, to me at least. And most of the time, the only reason I'll skip an interesting anime rated above 7 will be its art style (I really wanted to like Knights of Sindonia).

7 would be the perfectly average score for me. Anything between 6 and 7 should be decent (as long as it meets my favored genres), although there are exceptions that can be outstanding and imo deserve a higher score. 90% of the time (and I'm being generous), anything that was rated below 6 is a waste of time, to me at least. And most of the time, the only reason I'll skip an interesting anime rated above 7 will be its art style (I really wanted to like Knights of Sindonia).
I see
That's a really good analysis. I usually pick stuff that's got at least 8 or above

Back