What is your SLOWEST download speed?

Awards
Credits
What, if you can remember, is the slowest ever download speed you've ever gotten?
If you have any images for evidence, that'd be even cooler.
I hold the unbeatable record for slowest speed ever at literally nothing. As in, it went right down to 0 bytes per second.
However, without stopping, the slowest download speed I ever got that was sustained, was about 50 bytes per second, which is about 0.004% of my current maximum.

And here's some evidence:
image001.png

There. Beat that.

Well I haven't beaten that, but I used to have an average download speed of 4kBps. So that is 4 kilobytes per second, not 4 kilobits.

So yeah, that was for quite a while too. Somehow managed to download a 100MB file in just under 7 hours too!

100 MB in just under 7 hours? And here's me being able to download 100 MB in as short as 80 seconds.

Although... have you tried that thing where you drag your own file onto a Firefox window, and then download it? Watch you download speed increase by a heck of a lot. For example, 50 megabytes per second, sometimes it may even go as high as 700.

100 MB in just under 7 hours? And here's me being able to download 100 MB in as short as 80 seconds.

Although... have you tried that thing where you drag your own file onto a Firefox window, and then download it? Watch you download speed increase by a heck of a lot. For example, 50 megabytes per second, sometimes it may even go as high as 700.
Heh, and 4KBps was me on a good day, it could get to as low as just 900Bps (bytes per second) which was outrageous, but that was when doing multiple things at once, of course.

And that is crazy, heh.

Dial-up fails.
I'm not sure, but as I said in another topic, I believe I am using a FiOps (Fibre Optics) -- well my area is a fibre-optic area anyhow.

Dial-up fails.
I'm not sure, but as I said in another topic, I believe I am using a FiOps (Fibre Optics) -- well my area is a fibre-optic area anyhow.
My area is either DSL or Cable. But Cable costs a bit, heh. So we are DSL. FMLO.

Not sure the 'O' stands for, but it was a typo and I liked it.

That's... just ridiculous.
In the UK, the fastest download speeds available, through fibre optic, are 50Mb/second. Which is only 12.5 megabytes per second (8 bits in a byte).
And my download speed is only around 4.5 megabits/second.

Well AFAIK, we only have the 10 Mb (1.2 MB) download speed maximum. But we live in a fibre-optic area, which means we can enjoy Virgin Media's newish "100" service, which as the name suggests, offers 100 Mbps download speeds (or 12.5 MB/s) -- 50 megabits is 6.25 MB/s actually -- it's 8 bits in a byte, not 4 bits.

OMG Guys! My ISP just boosted my download speeds. OMG OMG OMG.
Looky here:
omgwehazfarstdownloadz.png

FEAR TEH EPICNESS!

Let's see how many people fall for this -- also
I'm downloading from my computer to my computer lulz

Last edited by a moderator:
offers 100 Mbps download speeds (or 12.5 MB/s) -- 50 megabits is 6.25 MB/s actually -- it's 8 bits in a byte, not 4 bits.
Damn. I do know that, I even wrote it. I just didn't work it out properly, for some reason.

Back