What makes a good anime?

Monika

Full GL Member
Credits
I know this topic could be subjective but I would like to hear your thoughts about this... :grin:

Here are my criteria:
  1. Story - Of course, that makes sense! For me to stick in 1 anime, I have to see if the plot is interesting enough and makes you wonder for more.
  2. Relationships - I need to see the real connection between all characters because I think it helps to build up the personality of each one.
  3. Art style - I like any art styles as long as they make the background so aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.
  4. 4th dimension - I want an anime that somehow tackles the realistic world rather than depending on dream and fantasy because they're already that.
  5. Uniqueness- Every anime should portray their own unique image that will make everyone remembers it.

I don’t have any specific criteria, so I get vanilla with this. It basically boils down to do I like it or not. Though since I do tend to watch a lot of shows that are more character driven than plot driven, I guess it depends on how much I enjoy the characters.

Hmm... Well, a good story and character development.
I really liked the twelve kingdoms anime for the same reason

Good art style, unique plots only anime can have, interesting backstories, multiple realms or points of view, and over the top musical scores and or music openings/credits themes.

I don’t have any specific criteria, so I get vanilla with this. It basically boils down to do I like it or not. Though since I do tend to watch a lot of shows that are more character driven than plot driven, I guess it depends on how much I enjoy the characters.

Oh, what's your favorite anime of all time?
Hmm... Well, a good story and character development.
I really liked the twelve kingdoms anime for the same reason

Yes! me too
Good art style, unique plots only anime can have, interesting backstories, multiple realms or points of view, and over the top musical scores and or music openings/credits themes.

Do you have 1 specific op music you listen to?

Back