Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
full

Earlier this year, Phil Salvador wrote a fantastic piece on The Obscuritory about Hock Wah Yeo, a designer whose wild and weird packaging designs were the best this business has ever seen. If you were alive and wandering into video game stores in the 90s, you’d have seen and remembered his work, on games like Jetfighter. The above image is what PS2 game discs could have looked like before being shut down by PlayStation leaders.

I thought the circular thing was just a random thing until I saw the next picture. That would definitely have been a very weird and awful design.

Would be weird and difficult to store them as well. I wonder if they would look better if the whole thing had the box art on it instead of the art just being a rectange.

you have to stack them, no way they could stand.

I feel Sony can also include a cardboard box to hold these circular cases, so they can stand upright.

But, some game buyers may feel a cardboard boxes are kind of cheap feeling, and prefer a durable rectangle DVD movie style plastic case for their game.

I feel Sony can also include a cardboard box to hold these circular cases, so they can stand upright.

But, some game buyers may feel a cardboard boxes are kind of cheap feeling, and prefer a durable rectangle DVD movie style plastic case for their game.

Sony wouldn't waste money like that sadly.

Looks like the old PS1 long box cases that were the original packaging for PS1 games, except with some disc tray sticking out.

I think I remember that.

I am believing PS2 console is now considered a retro gaming console? its simply outdated. It was famous during earlier time, around 2010 but now other new franchise consoles have taking over.

Back