What video game stores do you go to?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Well, are there any interesting ones around there?

Because over here, as much as I'd love to find a decent independent game store, they don't seem to actually exist. So for me, it's pretty much literally GAME or nothing, since alternatives aren't available offline.

But what game stores do you use and why?

GameStop because there's nothing else around. Plus GameStop isn't too bad.

GameStop is the only option around here. I am lucky though, I found one that is right next to my work and it doesn't stink like all the other GameStops. I'm not sure if it is new, but the nasty odor of a thousand used games along with gamers sporting that "what's deodorant?" scent hasn't soaked into the place.

Staff aren't really bad, just pressured to make additional sales. I've never had an issue with a Game Stop employee, most are pretty nice.

We just have the usual big chain places, Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and a smaller chain called Hastings (Though I used to work at one and would suggest people not shop there as they're pretty awful, although everywhere is really). We have a smaller chain around here called Vintage Stock, dunno how widespread they are- they sell new games and old, along with new and old comic books, plushies, trading cards, action figures. All kinds of neat stuff- all overpriced though, never bought a game there.

I've been to GameStop, but I can't think of any other video game stores around the United States, unless you count Target, Best Buy, Walmart, and pawn shops. GameStop has quite a bit of interesting stuff, such as Funko Pop! figures and nifty little trinkets, also amiibo figures.

My fiance purchased our Nintendo Wii for pretty cheap at our local gamestop and it's where we've purchased most of our games. They generally seem to have better discounts and deals than what wal mart offers. Has anyone here ever purchased any games from a pawn shop though?

Back