What was the first anime that you watched and did it get you into anime?

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
So, what's your first anime?
As for me, that would be Heidi and that would be a no for me.
What about you all?

I think Dragonball was the first anime I watched, and it did get me into anime.

Mine was Dragon Ball Z and it was kind of a factor that got me into anime. I also watched Sailor Moon after DBZ was on so kinda both really. Thing is, I didn't know they were called anime until high school and up until that point I would tell people I hated anime and it wasn't my thing because I wasn't sure what anime was until my friend at the time told me that DBZ was anime. Then another friend gave me and him a list of anime to watch and the first one we watched together was Lucky Star. So even though I loved Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon even up until high school, because I didn't realize they were anime I guess I would say Lucky Star is the one that really got me into anime. Idk it's kind of confusing.

I just wish I were more into anime now than I was at the time. I still watch it with some friends from time to time, but I find it hard to watch by myself.

It kind of was Thundercats, but the first anime from Japan was Sailor Moon. Still love its opening:

Shaaaame the Crystal series can't touch that.

It kind of was Thundercats, but the first anime from Japan was Sailor Moon. Still love its opening:

Shaaaame the Crystal series can't touch that.

Sailormoon is a fun anime I watch as a kid. I like the music for Sailormoon.

Not counting the stuff that played on tv, like Detective Conan, Dragon Ball or Saint Seiya (back when I wasn't even aware of what anime was), the first anime I went out of my way to watch, as in downloading/streaming/buying was D.N.Angel.

And unlike the TV stuff, which were dubbed in French, I watched D.N.Angel with the original Japanese voice actors, with English subs.

Not counting the stuff that played on tv, like Detective Conan, Dragon Ball or Saint Seiya (back when I wasn't even aware of what anime was), the first anime I went out of my way to watch, as in downloading/streaming/buying was D.N.Angel.

And unlike the TV stuff, which were dubbed in French, I watched D.N.Angel with the original Japanese voice actors, with English subs.

Ahh, D.N Angel, watched that yeeeeears ago dubbed. Wasn't bad, I heard they finally finished the source material.

For it was Dragon Ball Z well I watched when I was like 14-15 years. And I didn't know much what anime was until later once I finished the series.

Back