What was the Slowest computer or device you used to browse the internet?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I used to use a very old Windows 98 Intel Pentium 1 computer with a 200 MHz CPU, 64 MB of RAM, dial-up modem, 5GB hard drive and 1MB video card to browse the internet many years a go.

I think I used Mozilla and Netscape as my main browser.

Back when I got my first PC which was a very old and junky compaq, which I had no idea the specs and my parents had to pay $60 to get it cleaned at a PC tech shop just so I could use it, I had a very poor dial up on it.

Hmm... Probably an old LG smartphone from 2008. It had its own operating system developed by LG during a time when Android was not really popular. The phone was slow and the browser took a long time to open sites.

I used an old Samsung prepaid flip phone to try browsing the web. I just use the web browser to see what it is like to browse the web on a flip phone browser. It was pretty slow.

Windows 95 on dial up. Good luck playing Flash animations on that.
I would usually press to load a page and play a pokemon fight round in between. There was no tabbed browsing back then so you were pretty much just in one site, one page at the time.

Windows 95 on dial up. Good luck playing Flash animations on that.
I would usually press to load a page and play a pokemon fight round in between. There was no tabbed browsing back then so you were pretty much just in one site, one page at the time.
It makes me wonder how the people who created the Flash pages even tested them if the internet was so slow at the time...

It makes me wonder how the people who created the Flash pages even tested them if the internet was so slow at the time...
It was mostly a spec thing. If your computer had the best specs, it was just about waiting for the stuff to load.

I think Newgrounds and stuff got popular after the Windows were out, like windows 98.

Windows XP on Acer 5500 desktop running Firefox with no other programs running with 700gb HDD. It was slowest I ever used

Well, my phone.
When I forget to close apps that I have used it gets very slow and I usually clean out the ram and cache to make it presentable again.

Back when I got my first PC which was a very old and junky compaq, which I had no idea the specs and my parents had to pay $60 to get it cleaned at a PC tech shop just so I could use it, I had a very poor dial up on it.

Those people....

I remember having some person to pay just for cleaning and installing things. The days when I have no idea about those things and I only care for playing games.

Back