What will change in Ocarina of Time 3DS?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
We know the graphics have been made lighter and slightly more detailed, that the Water Temple will be changed and that the inventory seems to now use the touch screen, but what else will probably change in this game? It is a remake and not a mere port after all, in the same style as Mario 64 DS.

I'm thinking they might opt to use the dungeons from Master Quest to give the game a fresher feel.

That's a good point, although wouldn't it be better that there were two options, play with Ocarina of Time layout dungeons and play with Master Quest layout dungeons?

Having an option to play both types of dungeons would be a good idea. Replacing the originals with Master Quest dungeons probably wouldn't be fun at all. The main "challenge" in most Master Quest rooms was looking for the out of the way eye/step switch. There were very few things that actually challenged you to think outside the box. There were even a few jerk moves thrown in there to irritate you like the wall of fire before the first staircase in the Fire Temple. Anybody can figure out they need to climb the banister instead, so it was more of a detour Nintendo could giggle about when their employees go to bed at night.

I don't know what they will change, but I do know something new I would like to see if they plan on adding any new content at all. When I was younger I noticed there was a pathway to the right of the Temple of Time. It irked me for a long time when I was younger because I felt it should have led somewhere. What they could put back there is completely unknown to me, but it's possible they may have had an idea but couldn't do it because of time restraints.

Regardless of what this game has I know I'll still buy it, but if Nintendo wants to push sales I think they'll need to add some new content. For many people this will be the 5th time being marketed this game. (Original, Master Quest disc, Collectors Edition and Virtual Console being the first four If there's not at least something new people could say (and rightfully so) "Why should I pay for this game a fifth time?" This will be the last time I buy Ocarina of Time. After this there's really no other way they can sell it to me that's within the technological limitations we have. The game is portable, retains the general layout of a game many of us already love, looks great and may have new content to add to that pile of awesome. Aside from some ridiculous virtual reality copy, what more could anybody ever ask for?

Maybe some sort of optional extra dungeons? Think about it SM64DS had some extra levels.

I read about two rumors when researching this game a while back... One, that twitter update that the creator put up about the water temple... Do you think they might change the water temple? It wasn't to hard to begin with... but, you never know... Second thing I read was that they might make some places accessible as a child that you could only get to as an adult to see what it would've been like before ganon took over... The one thing they mentioned in this rumor was making gerudo valley accessible as a kid. o_O
Thoughts? Comments?

I read about two rumors when researching this game a while back... One, that twitter update that the creator put up about the water temple... Do you think they might change the water temple? It wasn't to hard to begin with... but, you never know... Second thing I read was that they might make some places accessible as a child that you could only get to as an adult to see what it would've been like before ganon took over... The one thing they mentioned in this rumor was making gerudo valley accessible as a kid. o_O
Thoughts? Comments?
Although I hated the Water temple I don't want the design itself changed. I still want it the same for nostalgia purposes. I just hope they fix the boss glitch which allows you in the water temple to avoid the boss and hide in the corner while slashing at it.

As for the gerudo valley playable as a kid I don't want that unless it's like some bonus area and is optional. I don't mind new areas as long as they are optional.

I'm also hoping for maybe a hard mode type thing which makes enemies and bosses have more health as well as make them give more damage.

I think it would be a good idea to add optional dungeons, some that are accessable during the game and some that can be unlocked after beating the to keep you playing. I would enjoy having the option to fight bosses again like Majora's Mask cause some of the boss battles were intense and the music was wonderful.

The Pit of 100 Trials thing was in TP not ST.
Spirit Tracks had something different but with the same general notion.
Also I want them to make it so more weapons are affected by the stone things. So you could have like an Ice sword or something.

Back