What will Mario 3D World's overworld be like?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Will it be another level select screen like in Super Mario 3D Land? An overworld you explore like in Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World and the New Super Mario Bros series? Something else entirely?

What do you think it'll be like?

I think it's just gonna be the Wii U version on 3D Land o.o I'm hoping that they don't reuse levels though, and if they reuse every level... God, it'd be such a waste of money :p Hopefully this game will actually have some challenge factor to it as well! o.o As the main missions on 3D Land were just too simple, with the special levels adding a slight bit of challenge to them >.>

I don't know why, but it always gets to me, when people do no research on a game, even though there's 5 entire stages that you can see of 3D World, and seem to assume or presume that they may be reusing levels from 3D Land.

Unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure we didn't have riding on some kind of dragon over water in 3D Land.

I just hope it's not as soulless as the 3D Land one. It looked like that one was made with a budget of fuck all.

I didn't think 3D Land was all that bad. I don't see where all the hate for it is coming from. I would have preferred a Super Mario Galaxy game, but 3D Land was still good. I doubt this will happen, but I want an open world Mario game. I'm getting tired of all Mario's games having level select overworlds. I wouldn't mind seeing something like Super Mario World again, that game was amazing.

May as well bump this now and answer the topic title with 'A brilliant looking interactive hub/map system that's ten times better than expected'.

Nintendo blew our expectations out the water!

Back