What would you prefer to own? Ocarina of Time N64, or Ocarina of Time 3D

fyrefox

@_@
Awards
Credits
Of course they're the same game, except OoT 3D's new boss battle feature. But for me personally, I'd rather own the N64 version. Though I own both because I'm a big time Zelda fan, I find the N64 version more "valuable". Sure Ocarina of Time 3D cleaned up the graphics tremendously, removed, and kept glitches, but I actually liked OoT N64's graphics. Not because they were bad, because they brought back good memories of the game. What copy would you prefer to own?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would want the 64 version. It's older, more rare, the characters look better, and the 64bit graphics complement the game. Plus, I don't need a fancy "Boss rush," or a "Master Quest." I already have that for the GC anyway.

The 3DS version for me, Improved graphics and new features are more important than just the fact that it's the original. I don't really like the way the N64 one looks, probably just because I never had it when I was younger.

I have both but, I prefer the 3DS version.

My Gamecube version is fine for me - although I own both grey and gold N64 cartridges. I don't see a need for the 3DS version.

The 3DS version for me, Improved graphics and new features are more important than just the fact that it's the original. I don't really like the way the N64 one looks, probably just because I never had it when I was younger.

The graphics in the 3DS are downgraded, not enhanced... other than on, maybe, Link personally.

110111_ocarina-compartiva.jpg

Notice the removal of the fog effect when fighting Gohma as well as the overly bright lighting that removes much of the transitional effect of the background's layers in both Gohma's den and the starting area. Also, note the amount of colors and details removed from Gohma.

I'm a sucker for classics, but we have to strongly agree that the 3DS version of OoT is far superior than the original one.

Sigh... I don't know how to answer this. I love the 3ds version. It was beautifully remade and I'm able to take it everywhere now. But I grew up with the 64 version and I have rather fond memories of it. Sadly my 64 broke awhile back.

Honestly, if you prefer the N64 version it's got to be either from pure nostalgia or you (for some reason) prefer the N64 controller. The 3DS version had improved graphics, a much-needed improvement to the item system (iron boots in the water temple anybody?), and had more features such as Master Quest and boss rush.

id get the Nin64 version Along with a nin64, id wait years then sell it. Probably get alot of money if there were collecters around

I would never sell my copy of Ocarina of Time. I've owned my N64 copy for 14 years now, why sell something that is a piece of your childhood? N64 on the other hand, I have my original 1996 N64 (amazingly, it still works), I also have a Jungle Green N64 that came with DK64, but I wouldn't sell it. Best system ever hands down.

3D. I never played OoT as a kid, so I have no nostalgic attachment to those blocky games on the N64. I've played both the N64 and the 3DS version(N64 version first) I find the 3DS not only to look better, but I felt the controls were much better. To be honest, I had trouble with Dodongo Cavern because I kept falling into the lava. Once I played the 3DS version, I don't think I ever fell into the lava. That and using the touchscreen to replace the menu, allowing for a quick swapping of items is just superiour.

What new Boss battle feature are you talking about for OOT 3d?

Where you can battle bosses you previously fought.

What new Boss battle feature are you talking about for OOT 3d?

Where you can battle bosses you previously fought.

Yeah I just figured that out yesterday. I like how masterquest part of the zelda game has different puzzles for the dungeons, but the other part, the mirror image is confusing.

Oh man, I can't stand using the N64 joystick to play Ocarina of Time. The 3DS version feels so much smoother for me. Graphics are improved a ton too, and the inventory is much easier to access. Also, it's in 3D. :P

i prefer n64 version, before ocarina of time came out on 3ds there are gamecube versions with master quest version on wind waker and legend of zelda CE and wii virtual console version and coming soon wii u virtual console version, i hope they bring it back in hd for wind waker like they did wind waker on gamecube on release date

Last edited by a moderator:
Back