Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
What do you like most or maybe not at all about Nintendo? Their style or their systems or just how their logo looks?

What I like? -> Pokemon (and other games like Zelda that you can't get for PC or non-Nintendo gaming consoles - not talking about PC emulators btw)

What I hate? -> region locking

I could write an essay, but I won't. 

I like their originality in their games and the fact you can't find those games anywhere else.  Not only their games, but the way they still set the trends for gaming today.  The only reason I had a PS3 last generation was to play the latest games because I didn't have a powerful computer.  Now I do, I really have no use for the PS4 because I'm not into their exclusives.  Nintendo, I am into the exclusives, greatly.  
I like how they take risks and how easy they are to sell to people once they understand what Nintendo is about and actually have a good at a Nintendo game and see that it's not that bad to play with colour.

Loving the Wii U and 3DS.

What I don't like is Satoru Iwata, he's making some bad decisions and we need someone like Hiroshi Yamauchi (RIP) in - a true business man who does not apologise, but stands by his guns.  Satoru is too soft, and apologises way too much.

I don't like their lackluster marketing.   I don't mean the way they advertise to younger audiences and families, that's what sells the consoles.  I mean the fact that I see more Xbox One ads and PS4 ads everywhere, and some customers still are surprised the WIi U exists.   The numbers have decreased though and more people know about it, which is good.  It'd be good to see the Wii U in more places and on ads on T.V.  

Maybe the last point is just Nintendo Australia.  

Demon_Skeith said:
nice post, but I don't think Nintendo has taken many risks of late besides the Wii U.

Most from them these days have been Mario IPs.
Agreed.  It'd be great to see some new IPs.  Hopefully we'll get to see some surprises.next year... I'm always hoping.

Super Metroid.

And the fact that they seem to give more of a damn about their western Audience than Sega.

Back