Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Kirby

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

SpoonySage

N3DS Community Ghost Gym Leader
Awards
Credits
Both of these series have some pretty messed up stuff in it. Zelda has the redead, The Bottom of the Well, and Princess Ruto; but Pokemon has Lavender Town, legends of Pokemon that eat people, and the ghost types' PokeDex entries.

As a kid, redeads could give me nightmares, but even today reading certain Pokemon entries will send chills down my spine. What do you think is creepier for their respective target audiences? Oh, and this is not including any fan-made creepypasta. Save that for later.

I laughed at the Kirby option, but in a half-joking manner, Kirby really is the creepiest of them all. HE EATS PEOPLE AND STEALS THEIR ABILITIES. How messed up is that?

And how do you even know Kirby's the good guy? I mean, all the characters and enemies look cute, and although King Dedede often steals Kirby's food, he also teams up with him in several occasions.

Also, if you saw a small pink sphere chasing after you with a gaping maw and two tiny beady eyes, I'm pretty sure you'd be running away screaming. I would.

As far as Zelda vs. Pokémon is concerned, I'd say Zelda is overall creepier. The only creepy thing in Pokémon, in my opinion, is the Lavender Town theme. Both Zelda and Pokémon (and probably Kirby... I don't even want to know) have scary creepypastas, but those aren't canon anyways.

KOIBAH WENZ

Last edited by a moderator:
The Legend of Zelda, hands down. Pokemon doesn't even come close, unless you count those creepy pasta stories in which it still doesn't even come close to the stuff in Zelda.

I think that the fans have definitely made Pokemon more terrifying than Zelda, but Zelda may have more in the actual games. Another part of this not yet addressed though was the "for their respective target audiences" thing. Pokemon is intended for a younger audience than Zelda, so is it not strange that they made Pokemon that kidnap children to steal their souls/drag them to hell? Or Pokemon modeled after discarded toys that come back to get revenge on kids? Or how about Yanmask, who is actually a human who died and now carries around a mask of their old face which they cry as they stare at?

I don't know that Zelda ever directly comes at the audience in the same way as Pokemon does in regards to legitimizing itself through scary stories.

Oh, and Kirby was half a joke option half a OMG JUST THINK option.

I don't think Pokemon or Zelda is scary. The only thing in Pokemon that ever scared me was in Platinum and Diamond when you go to the haunted mansion after learning the move "cut". But that was a few years back xD Oh, also I have this pokemon book where I stared at Darkrai and got creeped out. But hey, it was a scary picture!
Now that I think about it, the Headless TEChman is right xD Kirby IS messed up. I wouldn't wanna be chased down and eaten by that THING. That round shape, rosy cheeks, and pink color is meant to trick you! Don't fall for it!!! BOBBY!!!!!!!!???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The Legend of Zelda. That Bottom of the Well is one heck of a creepy dungeon in Ocarina of Time/Ocarina of Time 3D, and enemies like the Redeads and Dead Hand only make it worse.

The Forest Temple's also a bit unnerving, the Shadow Temple is fairly creepy (especially the implications of what it is/what it was built for) and stuff in later games can be too. Heck, Majora's Mask seems pretty creepy across the board...

• About Pokemon..couple examples..

Shedinja steals souls of anyone that looks into it's back.
Duskull supposedly kidnaps misbehaved kids.
Dusclops' body is a black hole and can apparently suck up anything into it's body. Victims said to never return.
Giratina, for being a renegade Pokemon..must have been extremely vicious to be sent into the Distortion World in the first place.
Yamask originally being a human, the mask at the end of it's tail being Yamask's original human face..this Pokemon is said to cry sometimes when looking at it's mask.
Cofagrigus is the opposite of Yamask. It WANTS to eat people and then turn them into mummies...

• ..Oh yeah! Let's not forget the bizarre mysteries of Old Chateau, Strange House, etc..
Yet, I guess we take Pokemon so lightly because we don't actually see these Pokemon do all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zelda series. Pokémon doesn't really scare me as much as Redeads do. I run from those things as fast as possible. Pokémon, I catch first and don't care about it. Lavender Town? I'll go through it faster then usual, sure, but it doesn't scare the heck oughtta me like those Redeads.

Plus despite the mass grave in Pokémon Tower and cursed old ladies didn't scare me. But grave digging for a Heart? That was worrying.

Imagine: Fashion Designer.

Creepiest game ever.

Zelda is scary because it's meant to be scary in some parts. That's why I voted for Zelda.

However upon more thinking, Pokemon is pretty creepy. I mean it's not visually creepy like LoZ. You have to snoop around and find things to make it scary. Like killing Blue's Raticate... A kid turning into Kadabra... The Hypno that kidnapped a little girl... Just to name a few things.

KIRBY.
kirby_display.jpg
/is forever scarred

lol, I'm gonna say Zelda. Because I've never played pokemon.......Don't hurt me.

Nothing will EVER come close to this:
kirby-vida-real-thumb.jpg
Good luck trying to see him as you did again.

To be honest, I don't think pokemon is creepy and I never watched Zelda.

So if I have to choose something, then I would go for Zelda.

Back