What's next for the Mario series on 3DS after Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
As of this point, we've had:

A 3D Mario game in the form of Super Mario 3D Land

A Mario Kart game, aka Mario Kart 7

A new Mario Tennis game in the form of Mario Tennis Open

Yet another 2D Mario platformer, this time New Super Mario Bros 2

And finally, Paper Mario Sticker Star for the Paper Mario series and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

So what's next for the series on this console? What kinds of Mario games don't we have that Nintendo might be planning to release on the system?

I personally wont mind if there arent any more Mario games. 5 out of my 9 games are Mario (every game that Nin3DS listed), so I would rather see some other Nintendo franchises like DK, Metroid, Star Fox, or F Zero make an appearance. With one exception, I would love to have a Mario Golf 3D, since im addicted to Mario Golf 64. But the line up this year is already looking pretty impressive, so I wont have to worry about playing too many Mario games on my 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Super Mario Bros. 3 anyone?

I'm kidding. Really I think they should make a new Super Mario RPG. I've never played the first and I'm not saying, "Bring back Geno." I just think they should have a true sequel to Super Mario RPG.

I would love to see a new Warioware, Wario Land, and of course a Mario & Luigi

WarioWare 3D, Mario & Luigi 4(Return of the Shroobs?), Mario golf 3D, Mario basketball or a whole new rpg? :3

a super mario 3d land 2 game or a super mario sunshine remake because in ds was mario 64 remake, the first 3d game, now super mario sunshine was the second and 3ds is the second generation of console in the ds series so i hope another mario 3d game

I wouldnt mind seeing a good Mario RPG. I myself love RPG's and I even resorted in downloading Paper Mario for the Wii a few days ago.

The recenr Nintendo direct has sorted this out for us. Mario and Luigi: Dream Team is the only thing I'm particularly excited about. Luigi's Mansion 2 looks awesome, but not essential. I'll wait a few months (or maybe years) to get it.

Back