What's the excuse for XB1 remasters now?

blastguardgear

Awards
Credits
One constant gripe we heard since the start of this generation was that companies make remasters to excuse lack of backward capabilities.

But now that MS has announce some limited version of it, why are companies still pushing out remasters for it?

Even MS themselves are doing it with games like Gears and Castle Crashers.

I think it's mainly a money grab.  By doing a small amount of work to the existing games (slightly upping the graphics, sometimes not even that) they can charge a premium price for a game they did very little work on.

Third parties will still do it for sure. They will release remasters since they have to opt in for backwards compatibility. It won't be as often I don't think - but it will still happen.

Spikn said:
I think it's mainly a money grab.  By doing a small amount of work to the existing games (slightly upping the graphics, sometimes not even that) they can charge a premium price for a game they did very little work on.
This sounds like the most reasonable and logical answer.  They're able to make a massive profit for next to no work.  People will probably still pay for the remastered version of games simply because it's easy to have everything on a single console, I guess.

Back