What's the point of Black City?

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
So while playing Pokemon Black they say go to Black City. Apparently, it's supposed to be a huge city full of trainers and stores. There's a Pokemon Center and... Well that's it. The town is litterally empty. Did my game crash? Should I report this to Nintendo? I feel like something didn't process right and the game was like, "No you don't get trainers and shops." Does the game hate me? Seriously what is with Black City?

I haven't gotten that far, but I'd say that the people who said that Black City was great were pulling your leg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwHMeOv5Vlw&ob=av3n
According to the comments in this video, people are having the same problem as you.

Last edited by a moderator:
To get trainers in black city you must have someone playing pokemon white and go into their white forest and speak to trainers to send them to pokemon black. You must battle them somewhat daily to avoid them from leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black City and White Forest ARE pretty cool! ....If you beat the game fast enough. The faster you beat the game, and GET there, the better it will be. White Forest will have Pokemon you can only find there from previous gens as well as some Rotation Battle trainers (if I recall). And Black City will have vendors that sell items only you can buy (like evolutionary stones). Furthermore, completely random items can appear on the ground in both of these locations, so be sure to check them weekly. Then too, talking to the members of your town will increase their happiness level. If they are unhappy, they may follow another trainer back to their game when visiting over the Entralink! This is how you can gain new vendors for your Black City or new Pokemon for your White Forest.

So yes, it is a pretty neat feature of the game if you know how to use it.

It may have sounded good on paper, but it's not a good idea now Black City is just a pointless empty space that can't be rebuilt.

Yeah, if you have no way to get to White Forrest, it's virtually useless.

I read somewhere that the number of trainers in the city/forest depends on A. If you visit the area every day (-10 per person if you aren't) and B. Talk to them (-5 if you don't.) Each person starts at 50. If they hit 0 they disappear and can only be brought back if you do the entralink with the opposite version from yours and do challenges in the other area, talking to the people. Some of them will ask to come with you, and saying yes replenishes your people, although they're subject to the same system. More people=bigger buildings/trees and better items at the store/wider variety of Pokemon (depending on your area.) Each person actually has their own special Pokemon/item, so the "catch-em all" idea applies to these people too.

*Numbers are fabricated. I did as much as I could from memory, but they're just crap-shoot guesses. However, the system is similar in its workings to what I said. So, disregard the numbers, regard the systems.

Why would they do that? Sure it's a way to link up to do more, but it's pointless without another preson. They should have made a way for one person to get more people. *Sigh* It's just a waste of how ever much memory that part of the game stores.

I read somewhere that the number of trainers in the city/forest depends on A. If you visit the area every day (-10 per person if you aren't) and B. Talk to them (-5 if you don't.) Each person starts at 50. If they hit 0 they disappear and can only be brought back if you do the entralink with the opposite version from yours and do challenges in the other area, talking to the people. Some of them will ask to come with you, and saying yes replenishes your people, although they're subject to the same system. More people=bigger buildings/trees and better items at the store/wider variety of Pokemon (depending on your area.) Each person actually has their own special Pokemon/item, so the "catch-em all" idea applies to these people too.

*Numbers are fabricated. I did as much as I could from memory, but they're just crap-shoot guesses. However, the system is similar in its workings to what I said. So, disregard the numbers, regard the systems.
I just thought of something, if I visit everyday for 10 points, do people just randomly show up?

I just thought of something, if I visit everyday for 10 points, do people just randomly show up?
Hmm... would be nice. I'm not sure though.

Hmm... would be nice. I'm not sure though.
You battle AND visit for 10 points. Visiting is just 3 and battling the person is 7. They will not randomly appear.

Why would they do that? Sure it's a way to link up to do more, but it's pointless without another preson. They should have made a way for one person to get more people. *Sigh* It's just a waste of how ever much memory that part of the game stores.
But what I can't quite understand is that why would they do someting like this to the game? It makes no sense. They could have easily made the game way better.
Pokemon games have ALWAYS had functions that you needed other trainers for. That's how you catch'em all, remember? As for it being a waste, sorry that they included extra areas that are fun to play with for people who have friends who play Pokemon. How can you complain that they gave you MORE things to play and explore? Just because you can't partake in that area, it doesn't mean it is worthless. That would be the same as saying Mario Kart should get rid of local multiplayer because you don't have any friends to play with.

Yeah, but this is kind of different than catching them all. This is a huge space in a game that can be made useless unless you make it by a certain time, but you don't even know that it does that and you can't redeem yourself in getting things without playing with other people. They should have at least thought of something that could have benefited people who don't have people to play with. I'd be lucky to find anyone that has this game, plus who is willing to talk to me, plus who is willing to play with me. *sigh* Whatever. That's the one thing I don't like about Pokemon. Things that happens in multiplayer that you can't do in solo player even though most people can't play Pokemon multiplayer.

Yeah, but this is kind of different than catching them all. This is a huge space in a game that can be made useless unless you make it by a certain time, but you don't even know that it does that and you can't redeem yourself in getting things without playing with other people. They should have at least thought of something that could have benefited people who don't have people to play with. I'd be lucky to find anyone that has this game, plus who is willing to talk to me, plus who is willing to play with me. *sigh* Whatever. That's the one thing I don't like about Pokemon. Things that happens in multiplayer that you can't do in solo player even though most people can't play Pokemon multiplayer.
I'd duplicate my gaming skill and send it to you if I could. My total game time after I defeated getsis was less than 24 hours.

i had that same problem on my first game buildings started disipering and well i just gave p hope and the next day my game was gone
sad.gif

The time you get there only determines how many people appear in your area TO BEGIN WITH. The game gives you stuff so you don't HAVE to trade with other people.

Then too, I just went and hung out with friends last weekend and one of the big things we did was visit each other's worlds to trade trainers in our forests/cities. Like I said before, just because you don't use multiplayer doesn't mean it is a waste of space in a game.

Oh, and if you think THIS is a waste, you must not have spent time with HGSS and the Safari Zone thing they put into that game.

Well it does a Pokemon Center and without it, I would of had all my Pokemon faint. Which would have been bad.

Also HG/SS has a Safari Zone? I never found it. I thought it was in Kanto, but it was closed or something like that.

Back