What's your favorite Zelda game?

fyrefox

@_@
Awards
Credits
Sorry if there is already a thread asking this question, but I'm curious.

Mine currently is Twilight Princess for the Wii/GC. I loved the graphics, the music, the dungeons, and all. Though I'll admit some temples did annoy the hell out of me *cough* Lakebed *cough*.

What's your favorite Zelda game?

Majora's Mask. It's so emotional, the characters are unique and easy to clique with. It's one of the darkest games too. If you think about it Link saves both Termina and Hyrule because when the moon hits, it destroys the clock tower. Since it's the link between Termina and Hyrule, the fires would burn through the forest destroying all of Hyrule as well.

Plus the masks. I love masks.

Majora's Mask. It's so emotional, the characters are unique and easy to clique with. It's one of the darkest games too. If you think about it Link saves both Termina and Hyrule because when the moon hits, it destroys the clock tower. Since it's the link between Termina and Hyrule, the fires would burn through the forest destroying all of Hyrule as well.

Plus the masks. I love masks.

I like Majora's Mask as well but my favourite one is OOT, that is my second favourite game.

Mine honestly is Link to the Past. It's the first 16-bit Zelda game, plus the inclusion of the Dark World and the whole story just gives me chills every time.

It comes down to The Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and A Link to the Past for me.

With A Link to the Past, I really liked the atmosphere. Specific tracks in A Link to the Past are my favorite soundtracks of all time (Time of the Falling Rain and the Over-world theme.) The only problem with it is that I am terrible at the game. :( I'm really bad at top down view games and I am clumsy with the controls, so I die a lot. And going through a dungeon multiple times to die just as easily at the boss as I did the previous time gets frustrating. So I love the game, it just doesn't provide the best experience for me.

For Ocarina of Time, it was the first Zelda game I ever played, and basically got me in to gaming. Everything there is to be said has already been said about this game. So I'll just say that I liked the story, the music, the game play, nearly everything. And with Ocarina of Time, it is a game that I can start a new play through any time without getting bored. Link pulling the Master Sword in Ocarina of Time is my favorite scene in all of Zelda. The only problem I face with Ocarina of Time, is that I can never really experience it for that first time ever again. I know the story so well and I've played it through so many times that it hardly has any effect on me anymore. And I'm a person who plays games mostly for their stories.

So, I would have to say Majora's Mask is my favorite. Everything I said about Ocarina of Time goes for Majora's Mask except that the story is still potent for me. There are underlying themes in Majora's Mask that I didn't really understand when I played it first, yet I still felt them. Playing through kind of helped me identify grief and grieving people better. That's how I learned the 5 stages of grief represented by each of the regions in the game (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance), and ever since I have respected the game so much. So definitely, I love Majora's mask, and it is my favorite Zelda game.

My favourite is Spirit Tracks ^^ I just love the music and story! Though, bear in mind I've only ever had the DS, 3DS and Wii -but no Zelda games on the Wii.

Though, soon I will have a Wii U, then maybe my favourite will change :grin:

My favourite is Spirit Tracks ^^ I just love the music and story! Though, bear in mind I've only ever had the DS, 3DS and Wii -but no Zelda games on the Wii.

If you want my opinion, you should try the other ones (if that's not done already). They're almost all masterpieces worth playing at least once. You can download most of the older ones on the Wii/3DS' eShop. You can buy the Wii ones in shops and... well Wind Waker is going to be on the Wii U soon (although I haven't played this one yet, just like Four Swords Adventures and Spirit Tracks). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Either Skyward Sword or Wind Waker. Both their stories were amazing and I found tonnes of fun to play. C:

Link to the past, great story and very fun to play. I'm looking forward to link between worlds!

If you want my opinion, you should try the other ones (if that's not done already). They're almost all masterpieces worth playing at least once. You can download most of the older ones on the Wii/3DS' eShop. You can buy the Wii ones in shops and... well Wind Waker is going to be on the Wii U soon (although I haven't played this one yet, just like Four Swords Adventures and Spirit Tracks). :)

Yeah, I got 'The Legend of Zelda', 'Zelda II: Adventure of Link' and 'The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages' (only recently) from the 3DS VC but I'll have to look what I can get from the Wii eshop too :3

I'ld say OoT.It's the very first Zelda game I played and the ending was really emotional.

Em.. Phantom Hourglass. I like the art style plus the other games I have I'm terrible at.

Em.. Phantom Hourglass. I like the art style plus the other games I have I'm terrible at.

I don't understand why everybody hates the game so much o.o Well, there's the ending but... I mean, I loved the timer setting where you have to get through the temple within a time limit or you begin to die ^^ I also loved the Diabolical Cubus Sisters boss battle from this game <3 :grin:

I don't understand why everybody hates the game so much o.o Well, there's the ending but... I mean, I loved the timer setting where you have to get through the temple within a time limit or you begin to die ^^ I also loved the Diabolical Cubus Sisters boss battle from this game <3 :grin:

I actually enjoyed it up until one point. Then enjoyed it again.

I sincerely have no answer to such question. All Zelda games I've played were fantastic in their own way. I enjoyed Twilight Princess' falling floor in Hyrule Castle, as well as the dinosaur boss mechanics. A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass, Ocarina of Time(specially the 3D remake), The Legend of Zelda... they all have a place in my heart. If I had to recommend a single game, I'd start with A Link to the Past, for 2D lovers(like myself), and Ocarina of Time for 3D lovers(like myself, if you're talking about Zelda). That's what I can say, even if I consider Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword greater games than Ocarina of Time map-wise. Both OoT and ALttP are good to start playing the series.

tl;dr I don't know.

I'd have to say Majora's Mask for 3-D and the original for 2-D

Back