When Will Nintendo have a sandbox creation type game?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Sony has stuff like Littlebig Planet. Microsoft has Project Spark...

When's something comparable in its features/uses going to be released on a Nintendo system? Seems like they could be missing a trick there, especially if it features content from the Mario, Zelda or Pokemon series...

What do you think?

Well, they're moving in the right direction with the Mario Maker game that's releasing soon. Nintendo is oddly protective of their IP's though, especially when they feel they can't 'innovate' them enough. I'm not sure Nintendo could pull off anything similar without it having some obnoxious limits put on it.

A Nintendoland editor would be great, although it might be a little too close to the Little Big Planet motif.

They should just buy the Scribblenauts license and make it exclusive then make a game out of it like LittleBig Planet and Wario Ware DIY where you can make lengthy levels and share them online. That would be a great place to start, I think.

They should just buy the Scribblenauts license and make it exclusive then make a game out of it like LittleBig Planet and Wario Ware DIY where you can make lengthy levels and share them online. That would be a great place to start, I think.
That's a great idea! I loved Scribblenauts unlimited, but I beat it in just a few hours and there didn't seem to be a single thing to do with it after the main game. Apparently I could make weird little creatures or something? It didn't appeal. I ended up returning it for a full refund from Gamestop because we'd happened to have bought it used- and I've avoided every Scribblenauts since then. Being able to make fan based levels and share them would really add to the endgame!

That's a great idea! I loved Scribblenauts unlimited, but I beat it in just a few hours and there didn't seem to be a single thing to do with it after the main game. Apparently I could make weird little creatures or something? It didn't appeal. I ended up returning it for a full refund from Gamestop because we'd happened to have bought it used- and I've avoided every Scribblenauts since then. Being able to make fan based levels and share them would really add to the endgame!
Super Scribblenauts, the second game, had an amazing little level editor and other side things to do when you beat the game. I have no idea why they removed those features from the third game. Also, I found Unlimited not only VERY limited in gameplay but redundant as well. Every quest could be solved by using the same 8 items to complete it. Literally, that's how I did it the day the game came out. The second game had races, gauntlets, puzzles, trap rooms, and actual platforming elements. Why they felt to remove that was beyond me. ALSO, here's a great one for you pertaining to Unlimited, did you know the character model editor that is in the PC version lets you change each character that appears in the game piece by piece (such as the wings of the dragon can be changed to leaves or people or whatever you want) as well as their colors and textures? Here's the kicker though, Nintendo characters were added to the PC version but not the Nintendo 3DS version. Explain to me how that makes any sense and get back to me please, because I've got nothing.

I would love to see a sandbox type creation game released by Nintendo. I think they've made steps in the right direction but are not quite their yet. I would give them a year or two to make some more progress.

Back