Which Character(s) do you use most to battle in the Smash Bros. and Mario Kart Franchises?

Mother/EarthBound Collection

Greatest Mother/EarthBound Fan & Influencer
Awards
Credits
Which do you use most? I'm asking because not everybody will just use what they are a fan of, because their fighting style and/or weight may not work with them. Not including Miis.

i.e. I'm the biggest fan of Mario, Link, and Donkey Kong, but i use Kirby the most in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64. I use Mario sometimes: his fighting works for me. I never use Link or DK because Link is pretty slow and DK's moves are a little difficult to work with. I use Kirby. He is the best option for when you are knocked off-screen really far, because of those puffs.

i.e. For Mario Kart 7, before i unlocked my mii option, i used Mario, he was pretty light and a favorite. I tried Donkey Kong, but i noticed the kart really slowed down. And that was with no changes besides the Mario to DK.

You can also mention what character you use in the Mario Party's, even though there are no changes in outcome from what character you use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smash Bros I mostly play as Fox or Link, although in the past I've really enjoyed Kirby, Mewtwo and Marth. For Mario Kart, I play as Yoshi unless Koopa is available, or Dry Bones whenever possible.

In Super Smash Bros. Melee I play as Young Link. Who saw that coming?
In SSBB I use Lucas the most.

In Mario Kart Wii I use Dry Bones.

Smash Bros 64: Link

Melee: Roy

Brawl: Marth

Mario Kart 64, Super Circuit: Toad

Double Dash: King Boo & Yoshi

Wii: Light weights

7: Mii

Brawl: meta knight, pitt, kirby or peach
Mk ds: waluigi, yoshi or dry bones
Mkwii: birdo, toadette, rosalina, baby luigi, yoshi, king boo or diddy kong
Mk7: rosalina, wiggler, honey queen, shy guy or yoshi

Smash Bros 64: Ness

Melee: Mewtwo/Pichu

Brawl: Zero Suit Samus/Pokemon Trainer

Mario Kart: Rosalina or Honey Queen (in MK7)

I guess there's no real theme here; :s I usually use characters with cool designs and/or unique attributes/playstyles.

SSB: mario or link

SSBM: mewtwo

SSBB: lucario, ganandorf, pokemon trainer

Mario kart: mario and bowser

Super Smash Bros- DK

Super Smash Bros Melee- Mewtwo

Super Smath Bros Brawl- Link

Then in all the Mario Karts I stick with Toad! "Im the best!!"

SSB64[Luigi,Samus]
Melee[Luigi,Mewtwo,Roy]
Brawl[Luigi,Robot,Metal night,pikmin]

MARIO KART[Luigi]

well ive hacked brawl...

mario, kirby, sonic, luigi, bowser, metaknight

For the Mario Kart series I always use Luigi and fornSmash Brothers I use Fox in the 64 version. Melee I use Ganondorf and Falco. Now for Brawl... I mainly use Link.

well ive hacked brawl.. .

So have I but I haven't done any huge character replacements, especially with Ness.

Smash Bros. 64: Ness

Super Smash Bros. Melee: Ness

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Ness. I use other characters nowadays for the first match or a couple to check on how much the other person I'm playing knows. If they don't well...I just plain avoid using Ness on purpose, which is pretty much seen as absurd on some other forums. >> If you see these characters: Claus/Lucas, Mario, Wolf(Black), Yoshi(Dark Blue), Bowser(Regular, Red or Blue), Lucario(Regular or Red), Pokemon Trainer(Green), Link, Kirby(Blue), Meta Knight(White)..well. Yeah...

I will just flat out say that I use Mario in every Mario game, excluding the Smash Bros. series lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
well ive hacked brawl.. .

So have I but I haven't done any huge character replacements, especially with Ness.

Smash Bros. 64: Ness
Super Smash Bros. Melee: Ness
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Ness. I use other characters nowadays for the first match or a couple to check on how much the other person I'm playing knows. If they don't well...I just plain avoid using Ness on purpose, which is pretty much seen as absurd on some other forums. >> If you see these characters: Claus/Lucas, Mario, Wolf(Black), Yoshi(Dark Blue), Bowser(Regular, Red or Blue), Lucario(Regular or Red), Pokemon Trainer(Green), Link, Kirby(Blue), Meta Knight(White)..well. Yeah...

I will just flat out say that I use Mario in every Mario game, excluding the Smash Bros. series lol.
So your a Ness player too? This should be fun >:} I always start out with Capt.Falcon to warm up and analyze new aponents. Get good with every character,not just the ones you like.

I don't wanna quote because quoting on here is kinda killer to fix up...but yes, I use Ness. I don't got the name or signature stuff for show at all. It is what it is, though I seriously just use Ness all the time. I'm only interested in using one character. All the others I just mentioned, I randomly learned from seeing other people play or just for learn for no reason at all. Kinda weird yeah. If you wanted to play me in Brawl go ahead...usually dittos vs me don't seem to end up very well though. You really have to know what you're doing. Or else I'll be countering a lot of your mistakes, especially if you make yourself really readable.

Let's see what you can do though, if you even still play Brawl..

I don't wanna quote because quoting on here is kinda killer to fix up...but yes, I use Ness. I don't got the name or signature stuff for show at all. It is what it is, though I seriously just use Ness all the time. I'm only interested in using one character. All the others I just mentioned, I randomly learned from seeing other people play or just for learn for no reason at all. Kinda weird yeah. If you wanted to play me in Brawl go ahead...usually dittos vs me don't seem to end up very well though. You really have to know what you're doing. Or else I'll be countering a lot of your mistakes, especially if you make yourself really readable.

Let's see what you can do though, if you even still play Brawl..

I'd love to play you but Brawl's online is horrendous and it frustrates me. I hate playing with latency lol We'll just have to wait for SSB4! My play style is how I box,I wait for openings and keep up with the foot work.

If that's what's holding you back then okay. I'm pretty much thinking the Wifi will be kinda similar to Brawl's though..Mario Tennis Open's Wifi really killed my hopes on Wifi improving. I was convinced it would be as good as Mario Strikers Charged/Football but..

Back