• The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

NintendoRocks!!!

Awards
Credits
Please mark SPOILERS, since I haven't quite finished Spirit Tracks yet (I do have finished Phantom Hourglass, though).

Just tell us, which you prefer!
smile.gif

As for me, I would say Phantom Hourglass. I found the journey on the sea much more exciting than the train rides, for one thing. The puzzles in Spirit Tracks seem to be slightly more challenging and original than the Phantom Hourglass puzzles, but overall (so far as I can tell) I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass more.

In fact, Phantom Hourglass is one of my all-time favorite games.

Sales figures:

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (4.13 million)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (2.6 million)

Spirit Tracks sales were definitely disappointing for a Zelda game... I really wonder why this game didn't sell better!!!
huh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
for sure it has to be hourglass as the travelling is much better and spirit tracks for dungeons and enemys its more of the same

I don't want it to sound like I think Spirit Tracks is a terrible game (which I don't think at all), but I agree with Game Informer's Andrew Reiner, who commented that he had not seen a game "that fluctuates between highs and lows as frequently as Spirit Tracks." That's exactly how I felt when I played it.

But Spirit Tracks is an awesome game, too, of course, one of the best on the DS
I especially love how Tetra's ghost "possesses" the phantom, which made me laugh aloud when I first saw it.
biggrin.gif
. Phantom Hourglass is, IMO, slightly better, though.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE Phantom Hourglass. Many people say that phantom hourglass is the worst zelda game but I really enjoy it.
biggrin.gif

Well, imo, they both suck pretty bad. However if I had a gun to my head and was forced to choose I'd have to say Spirit Tracks.

Phantom Hourglass was way to short and it was really easy for a Zelda game. The only reason it seemed long was because of all the back tracking. Which I hate back tracking.
I know there's warps, but they only take you so far and you still have to back track a ways to reach another one.[/spoilers] Plus the worst thing about the game, and the thing I hate the most about any game ever,
it was all a dream.
I hate games where
everything is all a dream because I feel like I did nothing. All my time playing was in vain.[/spoiler] Also I hate how the controls work in the game. I can't say one nice thing about this game.

Spirit Tracks isn't any better because it still has the methood of control. I also hate how they put trains in a Zelda game since... you know it's supposed to be taken place in the past and I don't like modernized Zelda at all. In terms of travel anyway. What's next a car? Anyway the game was lot more fun because I felt there was more to do in the game and the game got harder as you got further in. Which is how a game should be. However there's still back tracking, but it's not as bad since
you start at a new level and you never really see the same floors.
The ending how ever,
was very predictable and it's not bad thing, but you knew how it would end so no real surprise.
Plus the train is so much faster than any boat from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. The only thing I ever loved about the train.

There you have it. Spirit Tracks beats Phantom Hourglass by... not much I'll tell you that. I'll also tell you that Wind Waker beats Phantom Hourglass (which is sad.) and Spirit Tracks beats Wind Waker. Making Phantom Hourglass my most hated Zelda game with Wind Waker next to last and Spirit Tracks 3rd to last.

Hmm...I'm going to have to say Spirit Tracks. I HATED the train for the same reason DYL said. Zelda is supposed to take place in a Medieval setting, and yet PH introduced a steam-powered boat. That was...bearable. A train? No. Just no. Phantom Hourglass, again as DYL said, was far too easy. Even the Ocean Temple at its hardest point was incredibly easy, and I actually guessed the last symbol to draw on a door without solving the puzzle, because
the Triforce always makes an appearance late in the game, so I figured it'd show up SOMEWHERE.
I did, however, like Linebeck in PH. He was rather funny, and really the only decent character in the game for me. Spirit Tracks...train aside, I liked the dungeons and bosses better (although some of the bosses had me scratching my head as to why they were so easy...take the boss in the dungeon you get the whip). The plot was marginally better
(no dream this time, a big plus)
but both Bellum and Maladeus were forgettable villains. They did the same thing in Skyward Sword...I liked the secondary villain better than the main (Ghiriham was awesome...Chancellor Cole at least had a personality). The main dungeon was a lot better in puzzles...one of the later ones had me stumped for about an hour (I was missing something obvious) but it was still a bit easy for a Zelda game.

Overall, neither game was great, but Spirit Tracks had a bit more that I liked about it than Phantom Hourglass. I'd like to see a remake (preferably 3D) of the Oracle games for the Game Boy Color...THOSE were the best handheld Zelda games ever. I still replay them a lot, just for the memories. PH and ST just fall short of what I expect from a Zelda game.

Phantom hourglass started my handheld zelda experience but spirt tracks really got me excited.
When i heard about it all i could think of was getting that game...

Back