Which is the better/worse Paper Mario title (Sticker Star vs Super Paper Mario)?

Which is best; Super Paper Mario or Paper Mario Sticker Star?

• Super Paper Mario

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Paper Mario Sticker Star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think both are fantastic games

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I think both are awful games

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Out of the two most divisive games in the Paper Mario series (to put it lightly), which one do you think is the better/worse game and why?

Do you prefer Super Paper Mario and its focus on story and 2D platforming/RPG mix gameplay?

Or Paper Mario Sticker Star and its focus on sticker collecting/use, general lack of story/characters but slightly more traditional RPG style?

I don't like the lack of turn based battles in Super Paper Mario.
I don't like the lack of story, characters and creativeness in Sticker Star.

Hm...now which is worse?

Super Paper Mario was still a great game if you took it for what it was.
Sticker Star was still lacking if you took it for what it was.

Granted they were both fun but...

...I'd say I liked SPM more. It was different but still good.
Sticker Star was different but also uncreative.

I'd rather have a game that's different but still creative and fun than one that's different AND uncreative.

Super Paper Mario. I liked the lack of rpg fights and more of the rpg level ups. Sticker Star just didn't apeal to me. I didn't like the "use stickers to attack" thing.

Super Paper Mario was the first Paper Mario I played, and without ANY criticism from having played the previous ones, I loved SPM so much! Now that I have played the other Paper Mario games, I understand why people didn't enjoy SPM as much as I have. When it comes to overall, ignoring what the games should have been, I think Sticker Star was not up to par with Super Paper Mario. That's just my opinion.

Back