Who does the tech work for your website?

lb

愛してるザラ
Full GL Member
Credits
Just curious: are you tech-savvy enough to do all the tech work for your website / forums / blogs, or do you hire programmers to do it for you? Do you have friends who help you out when you're dealing with a technical issue that you can't solve on your own?

My web host's owner who is also the forum anmin does most of the admin work with managing the web server like managing the web hosting software like FTP server, Apache, etc. He also helped upgrade phpBB2 to phpBB3, and install most of the MODs, and skins on my forum. He also installed WordPress, and phpBB onto my website

I mainly do the less advance stuff like backing up the databases and files for my forum, and blog, and making sure all my WordPress plug-ins are up to date, and update the Tapatalk plug-in on phpBB3 when updates are release.

I also update WordPress, and phpBB3 when updates are release.

I do all the leg work. Sadly I'm not a pro, but the more I do the more I learn. Getting better takes practice.

I do most of the work, if anything gets beyond my knowledge I reach out for help from my software provider, hosting or other places.

Always done it myself, built up experience through trail and error. I'm not a professional and make some mistakes but get there in the end.

Me ;-;
It's too much and half of the time, I want to give up all the admin work for good >.>

Back