Who Else is Watching Re:Zero?

NaviKing

Credits
I usually don't start watching animes that haven't fully been released but I'd heard so much about this show that I started watching it anyway. And now I regret it... because I can't wait for the next episode!

This is one of those animes that manages to balance the dark and gruesome very well with the light and cheery, and I feel like all of the female characters manage to be appealing as characters as opposed to beautiful, one dimensional archetypes. It's also very suspenseful because you literally never know if the main character is going to live through the current episode.

I'm not subscribed to Crunchyroll premium so I'm waiting until the weekend to see episode 11, but it looks very promising. Who else is in the same boat? And what's been your favorite part/character so far?

Me! My top anime this season. Maybe Kabaneri can rival it. Haha. I agree with everything you said here. Haha.

My favorite part is the latest episode! When Ram and Subaru save Rem and then we can see Rem's smile. What a sweet smile.

I just looked up the synopsis since you mentioned it. It seems like a very interesting anime. I enjoyed Psycho Pass a lot and this appears to have the same sort of aesthetic (though different plot). But then I'll have to be watching TWO animes that aren't fully released yet. I don't know if my heart is ready for that.

Rem is one of those characters that seems so flat and bland (as well as her sister) but definitely got some great characterization and backstory in subsequent episodes. I hope her sister receives the same treatment considering we haven't really had any episodes focusing on her.

Whats the full name of the anime? Re:Zero?

Oh mememe! *raises hand excitedly*

I completely agree with you. This anime is so good at character development and creating emotional attachment to the characters. The romance (or lack thereof) between Subaru and Emilia is also kind of cute. This show really knows how to tug on my heartstrings. Whenever I hear time travel or anything similar to it mentioned in an anime description nowadays I just roll my eyes thinking how could such an overused concept ever make a good anime? But then the likes of Erased and ReZero showed up this year and completely changed my mind. Even an overused concept can make a great anime if used creatively.

For some reason the romance between Subaru and Emilia seems off though. It seems as if purposely set up so that it ends up making some sort of development on their relationship, almost to the point where it feels like someone is pulling the necessary strings to do so.

The last episode had some mentions of an event (Roswaal saving Subaru) and how it happened thanks to Emilia (indirectly). Did that not feel off to anyone else?

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll have to check it out now. :) This was one of the more anticipated animes when I last saw the trailer. Glad to see it turned out well (high ratings on major anime sites).

For some reason the romance between Subaru and Emilia seems off though. It seems as if purposely set up so that it ends up making some sort of development on their relationship, almost to the point where it feels like someone is pulling the necessary strings to do so.
I would totally agree with this. It's a bit of forced? Or maybe because she's just beautiful. Haha. I would like Rem as the best girl though!

The last episode had some mentions of an event (Roswaal saving Subaru) and how it happened thanks to Emilia (indirectly). Did that not feel off to anyone else?

Back