Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Well it's the end of day 2 of E3 and tomorrow it's pretty much just interviews and last minute game plays and with Nintendo announcing their newest 3DS game there shouldn't be anymore news.

So who do you feel won E3 with all their news and game reveals?

I hate to say it, I really do but I got to give the award to Microsoft. They came out and showed off game after game with little pause or any of that other crap.

Sony I give to second place, I give it to Nintendo but they teased too much. Sony played around too much with their stuff and could have announced more.

Third goes to Nintendo leaving us with more questions than answers. Really Nintendo, do better.

For me, the winner of E3 is a hard decision. Microsoft had a brilliant conferance from open to close, and I felt like they focused so much more on gaming then TV integration this year. Microsoft blew me away with their graphically strong games, and I was really impressed with the overall insane amount of games they displayed. On the other hand, there is Sony. Sony matched Microsoft with some exclusive titles of their own, some of which I am much more excited to see. Sony had one downfall, the part of their conference where all the hype stopped, and they started talking about TV. Did they learn anything from last year? Not only did this segment end the excitement, but it was very boring. As far as E3 goes, the winner has to be Microsoft.

I'm going to call it a tie between them because they're all so close. They all had high and low points to them.

Microsoft showed only games which was great and they didn't have any massive negative press from their console reveal either. (Definitely a step up from last year's fiasco.) And the games they showed covered a fairly wide range so there was something for everyone pretty much.

Sony dabbled into other things some (spending time to talk about their new TV show which while it sounds cool... This probably isn't the best time/place to really talk about it.) but they still had a very strong showing of games. Though they also had a longer conference too. (So if you cut the time they spent talking about TV or non-game stuff out then it would likely have been on par with Microsoft's conference length.) Though it also seemed like Sony showed off more games of a wider variety than Microsoft. 

Though in both Sony's and Microsoft's cases I would have preferred if they had spent far less time on third party titles (Assassin's Creed: Unity, The Division, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Battlefield: Hardline, Destiny, etc...) and stuck to exclusives. This is their time to show us why we should care about their system and their games. Not games that we could get on the competition.

Similarly I would have liked if they had spend less time showing off games that had already come out. I mean I get that Halo's Master Chief Collection or The Last of Us or Grand Theft Auto 5 are cool/great games... But we've played those games before. This is the time to show us new and unique things. Not remastered copies of things we already own.

And that's where Nintendo made up a lot of ground, in my mind, because they showed games that you could only get on their platform and most of which weren't re-releases of older games. (Except the Pokemon remakes and possibly Mario Maker... But that's a bit of a stretch to really call it that.)
They even had a new IP which is something they've been desperately lacking the last few years. I don't know if it's something I'm all that interested in (since it seems like a multiplayer only game, but it is new/unique so that's a plus).
I'd say this was one of their strongest showings in years. 

But even then it was pretty much just more Mario and Legend of Zelda. And the little skit where Reggie blasted the fan asking about Star Fox felt like little more than a slap to Nintendo fans.
Also compared to Microsoft and Sony, who both seemed to be trying to come up with new or different titles (Evolve, Inside, Scalebound, No Man's Sky, The Order 1886,  etc...), Nintendo seemed more than content to just pump out sequels rather than really risk trying much new or different with a new/different IP. And I think that's a shame.

VirusZero said:
But even then it was pretty much just more Mario and Legend of Zelda. And the little skit where Reggie blasted the fan asking about Star Fox felt like little more than a slap to Nintendo fans.
Also compared to Microsoft and Sony, who both seemed to be trying to come up with new or different titles (Evolve, Inside, Scalebound, No Man's Sky, The Order 1886,  etc...), Nintendo seemed more than content to just pump out sequels rather than really risk trying much new or different with a new/different IP. And I think that's a shame.
Nintendo did come out with two new IPs, that ink game and project Steam along with that Amiibo crap. They also did confirm a new star fox game and just recently more metroid on the 2D and 3D front.

For me it would be a toss up between Sony and Nintendo. Both are planning big years for gamers.

Microsoft and Sony both had good game. EA was disappointing, they're Star Wars and Mirrors Edge previews were just developer diaries. If you don't have anything constructive to show, don't show it at all. Ubisoft seemed to blow people away with assassins creed coop for some reason.

I'd argue that No Man's Sky won E3, that's what looked best to me.  Nintendo is also trying to plan a nice comeback. 

No Man's Sky looked very promising indeed, I would have to give it to Microsoft they did much better than last year I feel.

Back