Why do some people hate fuel efficient cars like the Toyota Prius which use less gas?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Some fuel efficient cars like the Toyota Prius has weird aerodynamic car body designs to help save gas, but don't always look nice, so some people who hate the Prius may mostly hate the appearance of the car.

Hybrid, electric, and fuel efficient gas-only cars like the Geo Metro make quieter engine sounds, or almost no noise. People who like loud engine sounds probably don't like the quieter sound of a hybrid, electric, and fuel efficient gas engine car.

Many fuel efficient cars like the Toyota Prius are usually not very fast like a sports car, so people who love fast cars may hate the performance of a Prius and Geo Metro which are a lot slower.

Some people maybe afraid if most people switch to fuel efficient slow gas and hybrid cars, many gas car companies like Chevy may no longer make their more affordable fast sports cars like the Chevy Camaro which is possible to buy for many workers who work average paying jobs like a manager at a department store if they save enough money. Some people may hate that fuel efficient cars may make a car company like Mitsubishi make only fuel efficient cars, electric i-MiEV car, and SUVs which are easier to sell. But, Mitsubishi stop making fast sports cars like the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo with a top speed of 142 mph and 0-60 MPH time of 4.4 seconds.

I think some people who own gas company stocks from Shell, BP and Chevron, or work for an oil company or gas station may hate cars like the Geo Metro, Toyota Prius, and Electric cars because the Metro, Prius use less gas than most cars, or no gas like a Tesla electric car, so these people may not make as much money from gas. Very fuel efficient cars don't help gas companies and stations make as much money as a large heavy truck, sports car like Chevy Corvette, and older heavier cars with older gas engines which require the driver to spend a lot more money to buy more gas to go the same distance as a Toyota Prius, and other fuel efficient cars.

A 2018 Toyota Prius can drive 52 or more miles on one gallon/3.79 Litres of gas according to 2018 Toyota Prius MPG - Actual MPG from 68 2018 Toyota Prius owners . But, most cars, trucks and SUV are less fuel efficient and use more gas per gallon like 16 to 40 mpg of gas, so most cars will help gas companies more money compared to hybrid, fuel efficient, and electric cars.

There are some gas workers, companies, and countries like Venezuela with a lot of gas who maybe afraid that they earn less money if most people suddenly switch to a hybrid car like a Toyota Prius, fuel efficient gas-only car like Geo Metro, and Electric cars like a Nissan Leaf which use no gas. The price of gas could drop in price if most people buy less gas causing a lower demand for gas because their fuel efficient car can go longer distances per gas fill up at a gas station, or their car is electric and don't use gas. It will be harder to sell all the gas at a gas station as quickly if most cars use a lot less gas or no gas like electric cars. Gas companies and workers will make less money by selling their gas company stocks or working at an oil company because fewer car owners are buying as much gas like driving a truck or sports car which uses a lot more gas. Some truck and sports car drivers spend hundreds of dollars to buy gas per month. But, hybrid, fuel efficient gas cars like the Geo Metro and electric cars may only require $20 to $40 in gas per month.

I like fuel efficient cars too though it's too expensive here.
I don't think I would ever be able to afford it :(

Sounds like you typed your own answer in your first sentence :p

I like fuel efficient cars too though it's too expensive here.
I don't think I would ever be able to afford it :(

I also like fuel efficient cars. Fuel like gas and electricity can be expensive, and going to a gas station every few hours or days to re-fill the gas tank can be annoying, and harmful to a person's health because gas is not healthy to breathe in. A fuel efficient gas car usually make less toxic smoke from burning gas, so the local air quality will be better than less fuel efficient cars which can produce more toxic smoke.

Hopefully, the price of fuel efficient cars become affordable, so more people can afford them.

Back