Why do you think car companies show off their high tech cars at CES and other Electronics shows?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think car companies show off their high tech cars at CES and other electronics shows because a lot of people who are car fans and non-car fans go to CES, and read about CES on tech blogs, local newspapers, and the TV news.

A lot of people who are not as interested in cars as a hobby will still buy cars to use to drive to work, and other places. They may more likely buy a high tech car they saw at CES or read about on a news article about car tech at CES. Some car fans may also more likely bought a car which they saw at CES if they are more interested in high tech features like touchscreens PC in cars, and self-driving features like auto-braking in cars.

I also feel not as many people go to car shows, or read about car shows these days compared to CES and other big electronics shows. Some car companies may feel displaying their high tech cars at CES will cause more people to buy their high tech cars.

Well, it's their marketing strategy. If the crowd is huge, they would try to advertise their own product.

At first it was weird to me, but it's just too normal now.

Because a car is no different from a PC these days.

Well, it's their marketing strategy. If the crowd is huge, they would try to advertise their own product.

At first it was weird to me, but it's just too normal now.

Electronics shows also get a lot of news posts from tech blogs, local news, and other news sources, so there are many millions of people who may see news about their high tech cars when they visit the many tech blogs, watch the news, and online video sites to read about what new products are on display at an Electronics show like CES.

Because a car is no different from a PC these days.

This is true that most modern car are PC except for some cheaper cars which only have more basic computer to control features like the alarm system, the stereo, fuel system, and safety features like the backup camera, anti-lock brakes, and traction control.

Back