Why do you think most of the gaming laptops have back-lit keyboards?

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
Is it because we tend to pay stuff at night as well?

I really don't get it much....most of the standard laptops don't have back-lit keyboards.....so, what do you think guys?

Most gaming laptops main buyers are male gamers who are around the age of 13 to 40+ which are more likely to like colorful lights on their computers, cars, and room.

I would think it would be easier to see them if you play in the dark!

Most gaming laptops main buyers are male gamers who are around the age of 13 to 40+ which are more likely to like colorful lights on their computers, cars, and room.

I would think it would be easier to see them if you play in the dark!

Agreed. I think it's a mixture of the "coolness" factor and the lighting.

Cool factor and mostly due to the fact a lot of gamers game in the dark. Need a way to see the keys.

I think some gamers may turn off the lights on the keyboard to save battery life, and make their gaming laptop not run at a high temperature, so their laptop does not slowdown from the laptop from slowing down the CPU to prevent overheating of the laptop. The laptop battery gets hotter when a laptop uses more power because of the keyboard lights being turned on, and the lightbulbs and wires give off a little heat when powered ON.

If the laptop screen brightness is set to high, the keyboard lights may not be needed to see the keys because the brightness of the screen is bright enough to see the keys.

Using a small desk lamp, or USB light may work better because the lights are now shining upwards, and may reflect on the screen, and be distracting to the gamer who do not like lights directly shined at their face.

Last edited:
I see. Well I have been thinking of getting a backlit keyboard laptop....
I won't be using it for gaming though xD

I wonder what color you prefer...
Violet. That's why I used it in my username. I really like that color a lot but I don't think I could get the color for a backlit keyboard. Most of them have red colored lights.

Because it looks cool and a lot of gamer prefer lighting on their keyboards. And in laptops you can not install lights if they aren't there already, and if you don't want them simply turn them off.

Back