Wii U Why do you think the Wii U struggled at first?

AgentD

Credits
It's a really good question.

The popular opinion with most people is that it lacked better launch titles to help it sell. I disagree slightly, while that was certainly a factor, I think the biggest thing to cripple the Wii U was that it lacked innovation, when the PS4 and the Xbox One have such amazing games and graphics you need to pack a good punch to stand against them, and the Wii managed to beat the hell out of the 360 and PS3 because of the motion controls, but the Wii U doesn't anything nearing that strenght to help it sell.

That being said I still love the games it has to offer, looking forward to BotW.

What do you think?

It lacked games, sure it had a few good titles but a few good titles and some junky 3rd party titles do not support a console or a handheld which is why both Wii U and 3DS suffered. But unlike the Wii U, the 3DS did rebound because it finally got some games.

lacked of games to go with, then there is the cost to buy the games and the device. The screen of the thing that. There is an list of things

I agree with the replies that a lack of games made the Wii U less popular. Plus, the cost of the games, and console also made it too expensive for younger gamers to own. More older gamers are more likely to pick another console, or PC because it has games like GTA V, Watch_Dogs, Halo, etc which are more mature games for older gamers.

The answer is more than just lack of games. I don't feel like typing it all out myself, so instead I'm going to just let MatPat explain it.

Enjoy.

Poor name, a lack of marketing, few interesting games and to be honest, a concept that no one really cared for.

I loved the Wii U's concept, the gamepad is perfect for RPG like menus. If only the console was a bit more 3rd party friendly.

I also thought the Gamepad's screen was a nice design for displaying extra information like health points, items, and statistics related to the game.

But, it is too bad that there were not as many third-party games.

I think the Wii U name may of helped the Wii U get some repeat buyers from people who liked the Wii. The Wii U sales may of been worse, or about the same because there are not enough thirdparty games to convince people to buy a Wii U. I think one of the reasons the Playstation brand is so popular is because it has a lot of thirdparty games which people want to play.

Big thirdparty games like Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Destiny, etc which made people go out to buy a Wii U to play a game like Kingdom Hearts, Destiny, and GTA.

The Wii U also does not have many exclusive third-party games like Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts which are exclusive to Playstation.

Back