Why does GTA 4 look like shit?

tendoboy1984

Awards
Credits
After seeing the new GTA 5 trailers (which looks amazing), I'm reminded of how horrible GTA 4 looks. GTA 4 is blurry, with jaggies everywhere and an inconsistent frame-rate. Granted, I have the PS3 version, so I have no idea what the PC version is like.

Because... It's older? They were less experienced with the new technology at the time?

I actually quite liked the graphics from GTA IV o.o Sure, they aren't as good as GTA V but still, they are nothing to complain about :p

When you play something on a console and then see the same game or a game with a bit better graphics on a pc demo, your console game will look like it's made by children. Pc games=Much better quality, if you can run it.

I think GTAIV was a beautiful game for it's time. Otherwise, you can make the same comparison with your Nintendo console.

WiiU game. Look back on a Wii game.

Ech, so pixelated. :p

I think GTAIV was a beautiful game for it's time. Otherwise, you can make the same comparison with your Nintendo console.

But I still adore the Wii graphics I mean:

Twilight-Princess-Screenshot.jpg

It just makes me so happy xD

I won't like it if they make every game to look real o.o It's like some animations are too good now that you can barely tell that they're animations, and that just ruins the point in seeing it for me >.<

Once a game gets pointlessly realistic, I may as well go outside and play the hardest indie game of all time. Life.

Have you seen the iCEnhancer mod for GTAIV?

But I still adore the Wii graphics I mean:

Twilight-Princess-Screenshot.jpg

It just makes me so happy xD

I won't like it if they make every game to look real o.o It's like some animations are too good now that you can barely tell that they're animations, and that just ruins the point in seeing it for me >.<

just because something is 'realistic' doesn't mean it is good.

Anyway, chasing after realism all the time can be an exercise in futility. No matter how much effort goes into the graphics, next year will bring a more realistic game.

It just looks bad because it was R* first effort at making an HD game.

So people are saying how GTA IV looks like shit? Well I've played GTA IV a lot, and then I decided to play San Andreas....

if GTA V is awesome, and GTA IV is shit, then GTA SA must be 500 year old shit that's got rotten and has maggots over it. And therefore, goodness knows what GTA II and GTA are like.

I would like to share my opinion about this matter, since I bought the new GTA V and I own the old one GTA IV. Grand Theft Auto V is one of the best video games that I have ever played. It's not only the graphics and the plot, it's everything! When I heard that there are 3 characters, I wasn't very impressed, but when I bought it, I got excited! Grand Theft Auto 4 is older, that's why you think that GTA V is far better. There is a big difference between these two versions.

So people are saying how GTA IV looks like shit? Well I've played GTA IV a lot, and then I decided to play San Andreas....

if GTA V is awesome, and GTA IV is shit, then GTA SA must be 500 year old shit that's got rotten and has maggots over it. And therefore, goodness knows what GTA II and GTA are like.

Seriously, let's not go there... GTA 1 was inferior graphically even then and 2 was no better. They had to try and fit far too much information on the CD to make it graphically better (although, personally, I still prefer GTA 1 and London Edition to the games that followed as far as gameplay goes).

Back