Why get a PS5 over a Xbox Series X?

Sharon

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I dropped the suggestion that when we can get a hold of one perhaps we should grab a Playstation 5. My husband quickly mentioned that he wouldn't buy a Playstation 5 he would go for the Series X. He explained that Microsoft purchased Bethesda, there really isn't any point to buy the PS5. I didn't have a rebuttal... do you guys have any suggestions?

PS5 is for JRPGs and many excellent sony game IPs. Microsoft still got not enough good exclusive Ips so far for me despite them buying game Dev studios. Sony is doing the same though. So for me Ps5 is still the best choice.

Last edited:
I feel the PS5 would be a good choice for people who enjoy Japanese RPG games, and games like Gran tourismo which are exclusive to the PS5.

His point about Bethesda games being on Xbox isn't that important right now since they haven't confirmed if they are going to be Xbox exclusives. Plus, PlayStation has some great exclusives as well. I would probably do what Demon suggested. Get the PS5 and play Xbox games on PC

I have both so it doesnt really matter to me.

Nice to see another person with both, we're lucky :p. Which one do you consider as your main though? For me, it's the PS5

Switch :p

Reactions: Ash
I feel the PS5 looks more futuristic than the Xbox Series X, so the PS5 could be more worth it for people who care about a game console's case design.

I got it for the exclusives myself. I have a Xbox One that I will eventually upgrade, but since the Series X/S didn't have any exclusives I didn't feel the need to upgrade my Xbox One right away.

I have been attached all my life to Playstation consoles. It's definitely going to be very difficult for me to drop it for Xbox console completely. Yes, I would agree that I have an urge to play on Xbox Series X but it's not enough for me to replace PS5 with it.

Back