PC/Mobile Why is RuneScape still so popular?

LEGEND67

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Many reasons. Runescape is one of the first MMORPG out there and many current players have been playing for years now, and the sense of belonging and familiarity is enough for the veterans to keep coming back.

The community is generally less toxic than some of the current MMORPGs on the market now. A few idiots exist, but rarely are you going to be called noob and all kinds of slurs by 12 years old for fumbling a quest.

Other players have been known to quit for months or years and then coming back just to see what's new. I guess it’s like leaving your hometown and then return after a long time and realize some buildings are no longer there or new diner has popped out. The nostalgia factor will keep you going.

Quests are generally easier and level up is somewhat easier compared to some other MMORPGs, leaving you with plenty of time to do sidequests or just exploring. Many high level players with nothing better to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon drop by, collect some resources for a few hours, then logging out.

I feel Runescape is popular for being playable on different operating systems like Windows, Apple Mac, and Linux, and Runescape is one of the first web browser MMOs.

Ohh idk about then since i played it 2018..

I checked out Runescape website, and it said that Runescape no longer workd in modern web browsers becsuse Firefox and Chromeno longer works with the Java plug-in.

It is somewhat sad to see that Runescspe no longer works for web browsers.

I checked out Runescape website, and it said that Runescape no longer workd in modern web browsers becsuse Firefox and Chromeno longer works with the Java plug-in.

It is somewhat sad to see that Runescspe no longer works for web browsers.
Ew maybe I am late player to that to know....

Runescape is amazing the game is simple and really enjoyable

I still play the game today :) mainly on PC& & sometimes on mobile when I am away from the computer

Back