Why isn't Sony releasing the latest titles for PSP ??

trendchaser

Awards
Credits
I really want to know why isn't Sony releasing new titles for its PSP range? All the current and latest titles are coming on PS Vita and not on PSP.

There is a very large base of PSP users on this planet and they are just annoying them. I guess this is their new trick to lure people to buy their latest PS Vita...

Why don't they treat their customers as valued and do something good rather than just making money :hate:

PSP is dead, has been before the Vita came out. A sinking ship along with the PSP Go.

PSP had promise, but sony never made full use of it.

The reason why they don't make games for older versions of products is precisely to get old users to upgrade. It's every businesses technique.

PS2 never sold more in a year since the PS3's release, but the PS2 is so far ahead of ever console, the comparison isn't even fair. lol

yea the playstation 2 till this day is still the highest selling console wordwide by a VERY large margin.

In fact, Sony still has them in production and some developers are still releasing games for it which really does say a lot considering the console is 12 years old.

I think the PSP has done it's dash. You can't really say Sony or PlayStation are alienating their customers as the PSP has been around since 2004-2005. If you buy a console late into the game then you have to be aware it will be superceded sooner than if you had brought it at initial release.

Sony doesn't have unlimited resources and if developers continued to work on PSP games there would be less workforce to develop Vita games and I think this would be unfair for dedicated fans who shelled out for the latest console.

I think the PSP has done it's dash. You can't really say Sony or PlayStation are alienating their customers as the PSP has been around since 2004-2005. If you buy a console late into the game then you have to be aware it will be superceded sooner than if you had brought it at initial release.

Sony doesn't have unlimited resources and if developers continued to work on PSP games there would be less workforce to develop Vita games and I think this would be unfair for dedicated fans who shelled out for the latest console.

I agree with this as well. The DS also somewhat somewhat contributed to its demise because of how the DS appealed to a wider audience and the more ‘casual gamer.’ Let’s just hope that the Vita changed things for the better for the PSP.

There actually wasn't to many games that interested me on the PSP so I agree with the notion that the Nintendo DS played a part in its undoing since it did appeal to a wider audience.

The only games I ever owned for the PSP are Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and Mega Man X Comman mission.

Both of which are remakes of classic games that I loved as a kid.

I had a PSP since it first came out, and I recently sold mine. I was tired of not having any decent games to play. The technology is old, and the Vita supports touch screen technology. I think Sony will discontinue the PSP, because it makes no sense to compete with yourself. The PSP Go was a huge flop, and SOny saw that so they moved on to the Vita. I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped making games all together.

To be fair, third parties are still making games for the psp in north america. Right off the back of my head I know Ragnarok Tactics is coming in November

Sony is more than likely focusing on their newer systems.
PSP hasn't really been popular for a while.
I know there are some very adamant PSP lovers...but a lot dropped it.

The PSP has only really been popular for a couple of years after its release. Then the console just kept going down the slope. I also heard that most of the PSP systems sold in the past few years were sold to parents that just wanted a gift for their kids. I didn't really verify this rumor but i don't find it hard to believe.

Even if I love some PSP games, PSP is a dying system for as long as I can remember. There are some "heartbeats"(great games) coming through but the expected outcome is death. The only funny thing is that the DS died in a more accelerated way for some reason.

Back