Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Fuck, shit, ass, ect.

Why must these words and many others be bad? Why not consider them something else so saying it wouldn't get people in trouble?

I think it may have to do with religion, I know one of them sees cursing as a "sin"... so that could be the start of it.

I don't care for cursing myself, but I don't see any problem with it.. unless it's excessive to the point that it gets annoying.

I think it may have to do with religion, I know one of them sees cursing as a "sin"... so that could be the start of it.

I don't care for cursing myself, but I don't see any problem with it.. unless it's excessive to the point that it gets annoying.

I know some people who's every other word is a cursing word.

I think curse words are mostly banned because the people who say them in class, outside, and public places like the library are usually very loud, rude and use them to insult other people which disturb busy people from doing something productive like reading, homework, listening to class lectures, work, and other important duties.

I think curse words are mostly banned because the people who say them in class, outside, and public places like the library are usually very loud, rude and use them to insult other people which disturb busy people from doing something productive like reading, homework, listening to class lectures, work, and other important duties.

I can be loud, insulting, rude and disturb people without saying one curse word. Whats your point?

I can be loud, insulting, rude and disturb people without saying one curse word. Whats your point?

Good point, but I think most of the people who get in trouble for using curse words usually get in trouble for being loud at the library, class, etc. I never really seen many people who get in trouble with using curse words when they whisper them, or saying them in a normal conversational voice where it does not disturb the class.

People are too sensitive. It's a word, it's not the end of the world. For all we know, fuck could mean hi in another language.

There's a limit to using them and a level of respect.
A couple years ago I was a young teen walking around. A 7 year old started cussing me out and calling me a bitch.
I've heard him speak that way to his mother, father, friends, and complete strangers.
There is no need for that and yes, it should be considered bad.
I don't mind it. I curse. I wouldn't curse at anyone that needs a higher respect.
Nor would I sit there and curse at little kids.
I rarely curse anymore. Ever.

This is what makes it bad lol. It's ok to say it every now and then, but when its pretty much every other word. Its annoying and disrespectful.
I wouldn't say disrespectful, more like annoying as hell. lol

Well, depends on what "curse words," of course. I don't really understand why fuck and shit and words like those are considered terrible things to say, you can easily create some pretty offensive sentences without any of those involved, and completely innocent ones with those words. Honestly I think it's just something people decide to freak out over to pretend they have something to get mad about.

Slurs are another story though (an example being the N-word). Totally unacceptable and it's easy to see why- there's plenty of history and social power behind these words. I suppose they're really a different class of words than curse words, but I suppose some people might lump them together.

Back