Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

One possible reason, but what's your thoughts on it?

Storing small boxes for a home console just doesn't seem right. They are cute but even game boxes are art pieces. Big cartridges are good for storing more stuff in case modders and bootleggers can make cheaper homebrew, but back then I guess people thought game consoles were more powerful if they came in a bigger package.

Obviously, to differentiate between the NES cartridges and others from consoles from other game companies. Also, the design makes sure that NES games are only played on the NES console and not cartridges from other consoles. It would have been confusing if all gaming consoles back then offered gaming cartridges with the same design.

I think cartridges were better, so they were easier for people to insert and remove from consoles, and to make it possible to add a bigger sticker on the cartridge to make it look nicer.

Obviously, to differentiate between the NES cartridges and others from consoles from other game companies. Also, the design makes sure that NES games are only played on the NES console and not cartridges from other consoles. It would have been confusing if all gaming consoles back then offered gaming cartridges with the same design.

I would never have known, I was way too young lol.

They were huge back in the day and now theyre super small lol

Back