Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
wii_U_size.jpg

The Nintendo Wii U controller is big. But just how huge are we talking? We whipped out a ruler and lined it up against rival gamepads to find out. Click to see how the suspects stack up, along with some other intriguing comparisons.

see more here.

as I said, it's bulky and huge. something I didn't expect from nintendo.

I've always associated Nintendo with minimalist designs and compact consoles/controllers, so the Wii U's bulky controller came off as something of a surprise to me. But then again, due to the gamepad's unique features and gimmicks, it would have been rather impractical if it were small.

I have read a lot how it's bulkiness is a problem. But i have also read that because of the way it is made it is easy and light to hold. I guess we'll just have to wait until it comes out and see.

Good lord that thing is big, I knew it was big but now that I can see a side by side. It just blows my mind on how big it is, I sure hope its light weight. Other wise your arms are going to want to fall off after holding it for a hour.

Of course it's huge as a controller, but let's not forget it's because of the huge screen. I think it's more productive to criticize/applaud the decision of including a screen than to discuss how big the controller is. That'll be irrelevant if the screen turns out to be better for the gaming experience :)

Regardless of that, I agree this isn't what I was expecting from Nintendo, as they always had simple and beautiful designs, kind of how Apple does.

Wow that thing is huge. I am not going to buy it, because I don't like Wii games. I want to see someone trying to fit that in there pocket. :) I only learned about this like 3 days ago.

What the heck is that? Sorry, but I'm not a huge Nintendo fan, gosh I never liked Nintendo. Wii was kinda revolutionary, but it's damn old now, my cousin had it for like two weeks and sold it because he realized my Kinect is way better. xD

Back