Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
What Wii U games do you hope to make it onto the Switch? For that fact any other older Nintendo console games?

Both the Wii U and Gamecube had outstanding 1st party games, despite their poor console sales and how Nintendo quickly killed both of them.

I'd like to see Super Mario 3D World and Star Fox Zero to be re-released to the Switch, when I look over the Wii U games that still didn't get a Switch version yet.
But I too think they should bring Gamecube games like Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and such to the Switch, at the very least as a Virtual Console.

I have Dolphin on my laptop, and I can use my Wii U Pro Controller with it perfectly fine, but it's still not quite "handheld mode" while in a bus (it is in the train, since most vehicles have some kind of table for each passenger).

I think the Switch needs to focus on original games instead of having a bunch of games that either are currently or previously released on other consoles.

Could be, but it might still be better to re-release good old games, than to make bad new games.

Yesterday they've released a new Touhou RPG game to the Switch eShop out of the sudden, which has been around for PS Vita for 2 years and PS4 for 1 year now.

I think the Switch needs to focus on original games instead of having a bunch of games that either are currently or previously released on other consoles.

it does take time to make new and original games, it never hurts to keep the long release dry times full by bringing back blasts from the past.

it does take time to make new and original games, it never hurts to keep the long release dry times full by bringing back blasts from the past.

Maybe I'm weird, but I buy certain game consoles because it has games I want to play that aren't available on other consoles that I also don't own. Mind you I have nothing against multi-plats, but I personally don't have the incentive to go out and buy a console if there's only one or two actual exclusives worth playing, and the rest of the library is multiplat on a console I own.

In the case of the Switch, a lot of the games are also available on the PS4, and I'm in the minority who bought/still own a Wii U, so Mario Kart 8 and BTOW aren't going to make me go out and buy a Switch if I either still own the game, or save money and not buy a new console to play a game I can already play on the Wii U. It's why I never buy a console in the first year or so of its launch, because they hardly have a library that stands on its own. Just look at the launch of the PS4 when games were either dual released for PS3/4 or a remaster of a game that's on the PS3.

In the next year or so I'll be less critical of the Switch's library, because it'll have its own library of exclusives for it to stand on its own, but currently I don't find it appealing to go out and buy a console if it's going to have a bunch of PS3 and PS4 games which I either still own, or I can just pay the $60 and play it on the PS4. That's just me.

I actually bought Mario Kart and Pokken on the Switch even though I already had them on the Wii U.
The very fact I can take these games on the go while I previously had to play at home (for which I have little to no time) is reason enough to rebuy them.
Though I'm not telling they should port the entire universe to the Switch, new games are of course appreciated too (like Super Mario Odyssey, and...I think that's all for now).

Maybe I'm weird, but I buy certain game consoles because it has games I want to play that aren't available on other consoles that I also don't own. Mind you I have nothing against multi-plats, but I personally don't have the incentive to go out and buy a console if there's only one or two actual exclusives worth playing, and the rest of the library is multiplat on a console I own.

In the case of the Switch, a lot of the games are also available on the PS4, and I'm in the minority who bought/still own a Wii U, so Mario Kart 8 and BTOW aren't going to make me go out and buy a Switch if I either still own the game, or save money and not buy a new console to play a game I can already play on the Wii U. It's why I never buy a console in the first year or so of its launch, because they hardly have a library that stands on its own. Just look at the launch of the PS4 when games were either dual released for PS3/4 or a remaster of a game that's on the PS3.

In the next year or so I'll be less critical of the Switch's library, because it'll have its own library of exclusives for it to stand on its own, but currently I don't find it appealing to go out and buy a console if it's going to have a bunch of PS3 and PS4 games which I either still own, or I can just pay the $60 and play it on the PS4. That's just me.

I do agree with you, specially since I'm a Wii U owner. I'm not going to make the same mistake again and wait till there are plenty of good titles on the Switch before I buy it, I don't want it gathering dust like my Wii U is.

I'm really hoping for Pikmin 3, or maybe they can just give us Pikmin 4.

A collection of Super Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Bros U would be nice.

Oh, I'd definitely like Wind Waker HD to make it over!

Back