WiiU Announced!

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Yep, it's Nintendo's new home console, and my God does it look awesome.

It has the touch screen controller that's been discussed.

It has HD

It's got a lot of awesome third party games announced.

You can view the world through the handheld screen/controller in a way similar to the 3DS AR features!

It's backwards compatible with all Wii games and accessories!

wiisports2.png

New Wii Sports!

Wii%20u%20specs.png

The technical specs!

wiiucontroller.png

The controller.

wiiushooting.png

A shooting game!

Wii%20u.jpg

The console itself! It also has New Super Mario Bros Mii coming soon, which allows your Mii to be a character!

Holy crap, was not expecting the Wii name to stick, but it looks like it did! This is kinda exciting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo hits the nail on the head again. Do you know if it's backwards compatible with the Gamecube though?

It seems like it won't be GameCube compatible; i'm a little disappointed with that.
But otherwise, this looks great.

Nintendo hits the nail on the head again. Do you know if it's backwards compatible with the Gamecube though?
Interesting question, but I just realised something... are they using existing controllers (i.e. the Wii ones) as the controllers for this console? If so, that's kind of a freaking smart move, less money spent to purchase new controllers. That said, the technology of the controllers is a little more than outdated, so it's not that smart a move either. I just don't want to be using that big pad thing as a new controller, but if I do have to do that, then whatever.

I'm kinda excited, however, I was hoping for a device you would be able to take around on vacations and such, this is, in a way, just another controller. Looks like it would be a pain to hold, but knowing my love for Nintendo, I'll probably get it.

I won't lie, I nerdgasmed at the sight and look and knowledge of it. It's like after this another console won't have to be made. It does almost everything a gamer would want.

Not in love with the name......... but I love the system...... I'll probably get this Christmas 2012..... Or Birthday 2013.

Am I the only one that has a "meh" feeling about this system, then? Also, I think you can only use Wii controllers with the motion plus either built in, or on as an accessory.

Honestly, for the controller, it's like they put a whole bunch of things into a blender and out came the control. (In terms of what it does, not how it looks if you, for some strange reason, think that.)

Hahahah I lmao'ed at the name when they announced it! Its so corny but i still like it
tongue.gif

Just a note about... "New Super Mario Bros Mii" -- note how Reggie explicitly stated that these are prototypes and not actual games or whatever.... does that mean we won't be getting any New Super Mario Bros Mii?

Just a note about... "New Super Mario Bros Mii" -- note how Reggie explicitly stated that these are prototypes and not actual games or whatever.... does that mean we won't be getting any New Super Mario Bros Mii?
Probably not.They might change into new super mario bros WiiU with better graphics though.

I really like how the controller can be used to interact with the TV screen. I can't wait for this sucker!

Oh dear, bad news for once:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/306087/news/wii-u-console-and-controller-wont-be-sold-separately/

You won't be able to buy the controller with screen seperately from the console. So wait, what if you want to use more of them, or it gets broken?

Oh dear, bad news for once:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/306087/news/wii-u-console-and-controller-wont-be-sold-separately/

You won't be able to buy the controller with screen seperately from the console. So wait, what if you want to use more of them, or it gets broken?

Uh oh, not good. So wait, does that mean another controller will be available? Actually, wouldn't there need to be more controllers unless (for the first time) there are 4 included with the console? And yeah... what if it breaks and I don't wanna send it to Nintendo for repairs?

Then you're screwed?

Oh, and confirmed games for the console, as of now:

• Pikmin 3
  • Smash Bros.
  • Lego City Stories
  • Darksiders II
  • Ninja Gaiden: Razor’s Edge
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • New Ubisoft FPS IP
  • New Ubisoft multi-sports family IP
  • Ghost Recon Online
  • Assassin’s Creed
  • Rabbids

Then you're screwed?

Oh, and confirmed games for the console, as of now:

• Pikmin 3
  • Smash Bros.
  • Lego City Stories
  • Darksiders II
  • Ninja Gaiden: Razor’s Edge
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • New Ubisoft FPS IP
  • New Ubisoft multi-sports family IP
  • Ghost Recon Online
  • Assassin’s Creed
  • Rabbids

Ouch....

Whoo! Pikmin 3 and Smash Bros.! Must get job to pay for awesome 3DS games and new console!

•Pikmin 3
•Smash Bros.•Lego City Stories
•Darksiders II
•Ninja Gaiden: Razor’s Edge
•Batman: Arkham City
•New Ubisoft FPS IP
•New Ubisoft multi-sports family IP
•Ghost Recon Online
•Assassin’s Creed
•Rabbids

The bold ones are the ones I want the most. Also there's a new Tekken which I want.

Also why Pikmin 3? Two Pikmin were bad enough.

Plus the thing with the controller is udder crap.

Back